These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Installing POD xt Pro 1.05 flash memory on a PC
by Krenzathal on 2011-04-13 14:17:05

Hi there,

For the past 8 years I have been a happy user of my POD xt bean and I have never changed it from it's 1.05 Flash Memory firmware because I instantly found a tone I was happy with and have having tried the later updates and not liking them I have had no desire to change what works for me.

I am about to buy a POD xt Pro as live shows are coming up and I need the convenience of a rack version of my POD.

Now, I went to download a backup of the 1.05 Flash memory for the POD xt Pro from the Line 6 site, but I noticed that It says I can only install this version with Mac OS?

I am confused, I thought I could use the same flash memory as my POD bean in my POD pro as I assumed it would be exactly the same technology just in a different box shape.

I am rather concerned now as without the 1.05 Flash memory my tone does not sound the same at all, so how can I go about installing it on a PC? I wouldn't like to have to go to a friend with a Macs house everytime I wanted something tweaked or changed so why is this version of the Flash Memory only available for Mac users?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Stayrsaigh

Re: Installing POD xt Pro 1.05 flash memory on a PC
by Mr_Arkadin on 2011-04-13 15:15:53

Use the Monkey to do this. Just hook up the XT Pro, run Monkey and select the Flash Memory line. Now you should see an option to 'Roll back' the firmware. I'm not sure how far you can roll back though as I have never used it. You actually lose functionality this way and you may even lose the ability to use USB once you have done this.

by Krenzathal on 2011-04-14 00:25:25

Thanks for the reply. I'm aware that it takes away the USB function, but unfortunatly it's where my tone lives and any later flash memory makes my settings sound terrible and fizzy.

So I just do it as normal then! I wonder why it says it's for Mac OS only on the Pro version of the software? Anyway, as long as it's possible on a PC by that method then you have ansered my question and given me a solution I'm very happy with.

Thank you.

by Mr_Arkadin on 2011-04-14 02:50:57

If you look at the download it's actually for OS9, which is old Mac OS anyway. There shouldn't be any need to download the firmware anyway, as the Monkey should do it all for you.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.