These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Wah, what am I doing wrong?
by guitars69 on 2011-04-14 08:20:13

I can't seem to properly put on a wah using the LCD to edit the Pod HD 500

I enable one, and it's always on.  If I step on the pedal, it'll change from a "stuck" wah to a sweepable wah, but if I turn off the expression pedal (toe click) i'm back to a stuck wah sound instead of turning the wah off.

If I enable a wah, and turn it off, when I step on the expression pedal it doesn't do anything.  It stays off.

If I enable a volume pedal first then the wah, I'm back to problem 1.

If I go into the pedal assignments and change the control to Exp 2 or something, nothing really changes.

How do I put a wah on the patch in off mode, and have the ability to turn it on using the expression pedal toe switch?

Re: Wah, what am I doing wrong?
by Octo777 on 2011-04-14 08:46:50

guitars69 wrote:

I can't seem to properly put on a wah using the LCD to edit the Pod HD 500

I enable one, and it's always on.  If I step on the pedal, it'll change from a "stuck" wah to a sweepable wah, but if I turn off the expression pedal (toe click) i'm back to a stuck wah sound instead of turning the wah off.

If I enable a wah, and turn it off, when I step on the expression pedal it doesn't do anything.  It stays off.

If I enable a volume pedal first then the wah, I'm back to problem 1.

If I go into the pedal assignments and change the control to Exp 2 or something, nothing really changes.

How do I put a wah on the patch in off mode, and have the ability to turn it on using the expression pedal toe switch?

Almost sounds like you are setting up the wah properly to be controlled via the expression pedal, but you are not setting the FS control to turn the wah on and off itself using the toe switch..

Have you tried pushing and hold enter  while the Wah is selected in the FX block and making sure it is set to "EXP TOE SWITCH"?

by guitars69 on 2011-04-14 09:00:21

No I don't think I've done that.  I'll give that a shot!!!

Honestly, that's kind of annoying that I have to tell the wah how to work.  Seems like it should default to those settings then let me change them if needed.

by gtrman100 on 2011-04-14 09:14:42

Here's how to fix it:

• load the "signal flow" display and move the cursor to highlight the wah block
  • press and hold the Enter button to get into the controller assignment screen
  • use the left knob under the display to select Exp Toe Switch
  • press View button to get back to signal flow screen
  • save your patch!

That should work. If it doesn't, select the wah block and select "None", then reload the wah into that effects block, and try the steps above again.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.