These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Lowdown

finding the position of knobs in presets, like on the old Pod bean
by synter on 2011-04-15 10:25:39

Can you do it? If not, then this HD400 is a goner. If I bust out of a preset, then I really need to know where some of the knobs are set at. The old pod you would hold down a button and turn a knob until something flashed, I forget.

Can anyone confirm if a similar procedure exists?

Re: finding the position of knobs in presets, like on the old Pod bean
by TheRealZap on 2011-04-15 10:54:11

the position of the knobs is shown on the screen with the 300/400

the bean and the 500 use dots to show you the last saved position as well as graphically showing you the current position.

i have no idea if this is like the old bean... whatever old bean you are referring to...

but this is the way it is on the HD's

Re: finding the position of knobs in presets, like on the old Pod bean
by synter on 2011-04-15 10:59:23

I'm talking about the bass HD400. There are no screens of any kind. Just the knobs, and no apparent way to tell where they are set within a preset.

Or is there?

RE: finding the position of knobs in presets, like on the old Pod bean
by Line6david on 2011-04-18 16:59:00

Hi,

If your original POD is the 2.0 version you can use Line 6 edit to see the settings for your presets:

http://line6.com/pod20/

Line 6 edit is available here:

http://line6.com/software/

You will also need a MIDI to USB interface:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Uno.html

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: finding the position of knobs in presets, like on the old Pod bean
by synter on 2011-04-19 18:52:31

What is wrong here? My question was posted in the LOWDOWN forum wasn't it? Maybe I goofed.

The question is regarding a LowDown HD400 bass head, not the guitar hd400, or the old POD 2.0.

I'll try one more time, then I give up.

If I save a preset on the Lowdown, then change a knob setting, the orange preset light blinks. Fine. But I can't find a way to get the knob back to where it was in the preset.

The old red pod bean guitar product was the same way, except I could hold down a button and when I turn the knob, two little arrows would light up somewhere showing me when I landed on the spot that was stored in the preset. So with a little effort, I could choose a preset, and set all the knobs to their preset values.

Can the lowdown do anything like this? I'm guessing no, which if true, is a major failure. What good is a preset if you can never know for sure where everything is set?

RE: finding the position of knobs in presets, like on the old Pod bean
by Line6david on 2011-04-20 16:25:37

Hi,

Sorry for misunderstanding the question.

It is not possible on the LD400 to see knob positions of presets once they are saved.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by BassWoody on 2012-09-17 07:06:27

Hi David,

I´ve downloaded the LowDown 400 Pro Presets List with "Slot, Name, modeled after...", but is there a list or any information in what position the individual knobs are for those presets?

Something like:

"For 1C Rock-It, the Amp model is Rock, the DEEP is off, the Drive is in 10 o'clock,...."

... through all the knobs and buttons?

I would like to start with the presets I like and go from there, alter them to suit my bass, style and the channel volume required to level all used channels for our PA.

If Line6 can not provide such information, has someone from this community found out and posted it anywhere on this forum?

I couldn't find it so far.

Kind regards,

Woody

by TheRigere on 2012-11-19 11:08:08

I want this info as well!!!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.