These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

I need help recovering my bass pod xt pro, please
by collinroberts on 2011-04-15 22:42:50

Hello,

I just got a bass pod xt pro from eBay. I also have an FBV controller. I could not get the FBV to work with the bass pod xt pro. As I dug deeper, I noticed that the rack unit appeared to have flash memory for the guitar pod xt pro installed, instead of the bass version. I attempted to load the flash memory for the bass version (via MIDI, since via USB the device still looked like the guitar version). The update appeared to work fine, but now the unit will not boot up any longer. The display remains blank and the LEDs for clip and signal are continuously lit. The device is still recognized as a bass pod xt pro by my computer when connected by USB, and I can re-install the USB Firmware (using Line6 Monkey) successfully. But I cannot update the Flash Memory to get the unit working again.

Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks very much!

Collin Roberts

RE: I need help recovering my bass pod xt pro, please
by Line6david on 2011-04-18 16:25:41

Hi,

This is a strange issue. Try downloading the latest flash memory file from our website and manually installing it.

In Monkey:

Highlight flash memory in the Updates tab.

You will see a button that says update from file.

Press it and select the file that you download from our website:

http://line6.com/software/

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: I need help recovering my bass pod xt pro, please
by collinroberts on 2011-04-19 20:29:17

Thanks very much for the reply, David! After my first post it became clear to me very quickly that this solving this problem was beyond my skills. Fortunately there is a an authorized Line6 service centre near where I live. I took the bass pod xt pro there on Monday morning. I'll confirm whether they were able to fix it or not, once I hear back from them .

RE: I need help recovering my bass pod xt pro, please
by Line6david on 2011-04-20 16:06:55

Hi,

Thanks for keeping us informed. Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.