These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

bug report, PitchGlide decimal values btw [-1;0]
by Cleuvenot on 2011-04-21 14:25:39

One more (probable) bug implying the PitchGlide controls in PodHD300 (firmware 1.20). This one is a minor bug.

On the rack, when defining toe and heel values of pitchglide effect, pressing the PRESETS button while turning it gives access to decimal values.

But, strangely, the decimal values cannot be reached between -1.0 and 0. The control jumps when reaching these threshold values.

This can be anoying when trying to adjust the "detuning" amount of a "toe chorus", as suggested in the fabric presets.

Fortunatelly, decimal values between -1 and 0 can be adjusted through the Edit software.

One more thing to fix in the next firmware...

Anyway, could any line 6 staff member confirm that this bug is really a bug, as it seems, and not a particular behavior of my own gear?

Thank you very much in advance.

E. Cleuvenot

Re: RE: bug report, PitchGlide decimal values btw [-1;0]
by Line6Hugo on 2011-04-22 15:27:11

Cleuvenot,

I can confirm that I can reproduce this as well with firmware 1.20.

This is an exising bug that has been logged.  We hope to see this fixed in a future update.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by Cleuvenot on 2011-04-23 17:35:53

Thanks for your interest.

Will you some day publish a really detailed manual with the detailed meaning of the effect parameters? It would be very welcome.

RE: bug report, PitchGlide decimal values btw [-1;0]
by Kneehow on 2011-04-25 09:49:18

In regards to new documentation, please use the Features Suggestion portal to alert our product development team directly of your request (it's actually more effective than posting your questions here, since the requests go directly to the Dev Team): http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

not fixed in firmware 1.31 Re: RE: bug report, PitchGlide decimal values btw [-1;0]
by Cleuvenot on 2011-05-21 06:38:31

This bug affecting pitch glide decimal values between -1 and 0 has, unfortunately, not been fixed in firmware 1.31...

Re: not fixed in firmware 1.31 Re: RE: bug report, PitchGlide decimal values btw [-1;0]
by Cleuvenot on 2012-04-30 14:29:19

Fixed in firmware 2?

I am glad to see (and grateful to line6 staff) that, according to what is announced, this above mentioned bug seems to have been fixed in the firmware 2.

However, the satisfaction to see that line 6 takes into account his customer's remarks is a bit diluted by the strange feeling to be considered, as a medium budget podHD-only-300 owner, a kind of second zone client.

Last update only applied to pod HD bean, pro and 500. And after waiting for more than 2 months a "soon available" v2 update, we, little pod HD 300/400 owners, are still waiting. Indeed, the finally downloadable update was, once more, only for top-segment hardware. Consequently, the "soon available" remains a "soon available".

Let’s be fair: free update; new extensions and bass amp and mic preamp modeling! Fantastic and generous! A wonderful relation between passionate developers and passionate clients. But why do you waste that great feeling with such an unfair commercial hierarchy between your customers?

Best regards and, anyway, thanks for your work.

by Cleuvenot on 2012-08-23 04:25:22

This bug  had been announced as fixed i the podHD500 v2 firmware. However, it is still NOT FIXED in PodHD300 v2 firmware!

I was very happy to get the amazing free HD300 v2 firmware and I thank line6 for this great work. I can understand, too, that this little bug is not a priority for line6 teams. But after so much time that it has been reported and having waited so long for the announced podHD300 v2, this oversight is quite... surprising.

Here is a copy of what is published for the pdHD500 v2 firmware, which let understand an reference to the above mentionned bug:

<<

Bug Fixes

• Limited resolution for Pitch Glide Min/Max Settings in Controller Assign page – Fixed

>>

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.