These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Feedback (Bass w/ Active Pickups)
by jeffb1992 on 2011-04-21 20:09:29

Hello

I have a POD UX2 that I just purchased and I'm doing in home recording with it. When recording with my bass (which has active pickups), I get a lot of feedback ringing when close to my computer. I turned off my wireless, and still I get the ringing feedback. It has nothing to do with my POD. Are there any suggesstions for eliminating Active Pickup feedback when near a laptop? Or is the only solution to record from a distance?

Jeff

Re: Feedback (Bass w/ Active Pickups)
by jeffb1992 on 2011-04-21 21:39:04

Detailed Explanation:

Hello

I have a POD UX2 that I just purchased on Tuesday and I'm doing in home recording with it. When recording with my bass (which has active pickups), I get a lot of feedback ringing when close to my computer. I turned off my wireless, and still I get the ringing feedback. I don't believe it has anything to do with my POD. Also I just noticed when recording with my electric guitar, audio from the backing track I'm recording with is dimly playing through the recording track during playback....What i mean is after I record a  new track with an electric guitar, I play back the recorded track (in cubase) while having the backing track MUTED. When listening to the freshly recorded track only, I can hear the backing track playing through faintly. I further tested this by recording with the backing track again however without playing guitar and when I play back the recording, I can hear the backing track playing quietly again through the recorded track. It reminds me if I was blaring my headphones while trying to record vocals. I am using Vic Firth sound cancelling headphones on a low setting to monitor. I monitor through the POD. I have tried putting the output in cubase as NO BUS and it has no effect. I have recorded with my friend's UX1 (on a different computer) and had none of these issues, nor has he ever encountered such issues. Is it a POD issue? Perhaps the POD is picking up its output and treating it as input along with the guitar? I am stumped.

Thanks in advance for any help!
-Jeff

RE: Feedback (Bass w/ Active Pickups)
by Line6david on 2011-04-22 15:07:31

Hi,

Have you updated to the latest drivers from our website?

http://line6.com/software/

Also, is Cubase up to date?

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support.html

Have you tried different USB ports and cables?

Does it sound like normal guitar feedback or a high pitched digital noise?

Do you hear any pops, clicks, static?

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.