These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HELP!! problem with tuner and toe switch
by LordSicao on 2011-04-24 08:37:15

Hi guys,

I 'm using a pod hd500 but the tuner and toe switch from expression pedal dont work properly! most of the times, when i hold the tuner button, the "tuner screen" goes back to the main screen automatically and i cant use it. Furthermore the toe switch from the exp pedal doesnt work in 95% of the times! yes, the looper is turned off and i'm using sufficient pressure. I've already tried all firmwares, many patches and no results. Any ideas? I'm getting disappointed since i had a pod x3 live showing the USB dropout problem and now this bug

And it's hard to get to a service center as i live in Brazil and bought the hd500 in US.

appreciate any help!

Re: problem with tuner and toe switch
by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-04-24 11:46:22

I'm not sure at this point regarding your Tuner problem, but the Expression Pedal Toe Switch is known to be quite hard to operate at first.

For the Exp Pedal Toe Switch you really have to stand to get sufficient pressure; press down on the toe-end of the pedal and kind of lean forward thereby applying more pressure and the button should click and switch the function between Exp 1 and Exp 2.  It is a 'knack' that needs to be learned - it's not hard to learn BTW, and once learned you should get 100% reliability.

I'll re-read your Tuner issue so I'm sure I understand it, and I'll test on my HD500.

Nick

EDIT:

Tested the Tap/Tuner switch here for the purposes of replying here - and holding it down changes to Tuner mode every time for me.  That therefore does look more like you may have a hardware fault, which is covered under Line 6's 12 month warranty, however you would need to return your HD500 to Line 6 in the US at your cost as that's where your warranty is valid.

by LordSicao on 2011-04-24 14:42:45

Thanks for the reply,

i uploaded some videos showing what i mean!

In the first one, you can see that the toe button doesnt work. (Rarely it works only once or twice and then stops working)

In the 2nd video, i'm trying to use the tuner but it automatically goes back.

by LordSicao on 2011-04-25 15:36:07

any ideas?!

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-04-26 03:58:45

Hi

From your videos I believe your unit is faulty.   You have tried re-flashing the firmware already I believe?  The only other thing you could possibly try is to reset the unit's Global parameter settings and to do that you must hold down the left button on the 4 way Nav Pad whilst you power the unit on.

if that doesn't work, I think you will need to send your HD500 to an authorised Service Centre for diagnosis and repair.  This will mean shipping it back to the US at your expense if you decide to get it repaired under warranty, or taking it to a local authorised Service Centre in Brazil and paying for parts and labour to get it repaired.  I don't know what your shipping costs might be, but I would think that it will be less costly for you to return it to Line 6 in the US at a guess.

Regards

Nick

by RyanLP on 2011-12-25 00:17:12

I'm having the EXACT same problem with my X3 Live.  Is there anything different I should try?  It's out of warrenty, so what would be my best bet on repairs?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.