These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Global tempo between patches - unexpected behavior
by Winzlo on 2011-04-28 08:57:43

I have a song I use 2 patches for (rhythm and lead), BPM set to 114, digital delay on both patches (engaged).  The setup screen is set for Trails on, tempo sync set to Global.  When I change between the patches, both are locked at 114bpm.  However, when I play the song live, and the drummer is not at 114, I have to tap to sync with the drums.  When I do that, switching to the other patch SHOWS the tap tempo at the new tempo, but the delay is still stuck at 114bpm.

The delay I use is set to dotted eighth notes, and I am plucking at eighth note values, if that makes any difference.

Is this a bug or is there a way I can get my tap tempo to stay "global" as the definition implies?

Re: Global tempo between patches - unexpected behavior
by PaulJam on 2011-04-28 09:10:32

Hi,

this is a bug. Until this is fixed you have to re-tap the tempo when you change patches or use an extenal tempo source (via MIDI).

See also: http://line6.com/community/thread/58432?tstart=150

by Winzlo on 2011-04-28 09:16:55

Thanks - the other thread definitely is the same issue, so I'll just wait for the fix.  When I'm playing live, I'll sync up to my DR-880 which I'll put on the floor with a foot switch to tap tempo.  More gear, but at least this is only temporary.

by kuringmundo on 2011-07-20 23:58:08

i think i have the same problem. the trouble with my pod hd is that, when i create a new patch and put in a delay, i am not able to tap the delay time using the tap tempo.  im not really sure if the tap tempo is automatically assigned to the tempo function of the delay, or is there something i have to do to "sync" it with the tap function.

i get the global vs preset thing (i set mine to global), its just that the tap button doesnt do any thing when i add a dalay pedal. is this still part of the bug?

by PaulJam on 2011-07-21 03:21:55

Hi,

if tapping in the delay time doesn't work in the first place, then your problem is probably that the delay time is set to a specific millisecond value instead of a note division (e.g. quarter notes).

The problem of the thread opener is that the tapped in tempo is not being carried over to the next patch when switching patches.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.