These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD400 Wah/Vol pedal problem!!!
by jackalope123 on 2011-05-02 19:33:38

Im having a problem with the vol pedal on my Pod HD400. It only works less than a quarter up from the down position. I have calibrated and recalibrated but still the same. The "value" numbers do show that it has full range but no luck with the sound.

Tried calibration

Tried different banks/channles

I plugged in a second pedal and it works perfectly with a full down to up range.

Please Help!!!

Re: HD400 Wah/Vol pedal problem!!!
by drschultz on 2011-05-02 21:09:03

Just covering the basics here.  Have you updated the firmware to the latested version?  Should be at 1.20.  After the firmware update did you perform a factory reset?  Once you have done these two you then calibrate the pedal.

Factory reset video

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2043

Calibrate the pedal video

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2044

Make sure you have done these and in the order listed.

I hope this helps.  Good luck!

Dan

by jackalope123 on 2011-05-04 00:34:18

Thanks for the reply.

I am up to date, running 1.20. Then I tried to calibrate. But no luck.

by silverhead on 2011-05-04 09:52:45

Again, just covering the obvious but easy to overlook......

The pedal range is editable within each preset. Are you sure this is a general problem rather than normal behaviour within one or more presets you happoen to be using? Check your edit settings for the min/max range of the pedal. Make sure the specified range is the full 0% to 100%; otherwise, your pedal may simply be behaving within the range your preset is telling it to behave.

EDIT: Sorry - I just re-read your question again and I believe you specified that you have already checked this out. Still may be worth another look.

by drschultz on 2011-05-04 13:45:42

Hello, I just want to make sure.  Did you perform a factory reset AFTER the firmware update?  If you did not then I would reconmend doing so.

Thanks,

Dan

by marcospinho on 2012-02-05 07:29:12

Just to add a comment:

I was having the very same problems with the Wah. Then, I performed the factory reset and the calibration and everything is ok now.

Great piece of equipment.

P. Pinho

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.