These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: ToneCore Development Kit

My TCDDK does not power up
by robbygupta on 2009-04-26 15:42:50

Hello,

I just got my TCDDK. I installed the software and was ready to power up.

I installed a (brand new) 9V battery, connected the USB cable to the pedal and to the computer, connected the 1/4" cable to the input jack (Mono/L), and nothing happened. I pushed on the pedal and still nothing. I tried another brand new battery and got the same result. I then verified that the first battery works by installing it into an old Boss Distortion pedal. The Boss operated fine.

Looks like it is a power up issue.

Please tell me how to proceed.

By the way, I'm not even sure if this is the right place to go for help. If not, please tell me where to go. The website had me going in circles.

Thanks,

Robby Gupta

Re: My TCDDK does not power up
by Kneehow on 2009-04-29 11:58:14

First, while it is possible to use battery power with the TCDDK's, I highly recommend that you use a power supply for a constant power source.

In case you choose to not go with the Line 6 DC-1 power supply, the proper specs would be: 9.6 VDC, 200mA current and center pin MUST be negative.

Please try powering up with a power supply just for troubleshooting's sake. Another thing to do is to remove the 2 hex screws which secure the top module plate. Push in on the circular plastic release mechanism and use a dry cloth to wipe the connection points on the bottom of the module. You should do the same on the dock surface. Re-seat the module and reinstall the hex bolts.

If your unit doesn't even power up, you should give us a call at: 818-575-3600 (8AM-5PM Pacific Standard Time, Monday-Fridays). Select the Service Department queue and we can help you out.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.