These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

JTV-69 Registration/Monkey
by BrainRadio on 2011-05-04 09:57:35

Hello folks,

Been enjoying my JTV for a few months now and I recently plugged it into the PC and ran monkey to see if there were any updates and I keep getting the "Register now" page up (which I already have registered months and it does show on my registered products page) and it wont let me go any further with Monkey.
I've tried to click on the "Registration FAQs" and for some reason it says I don't have access to the information...
I don't know what the !#%% is going on...

Re: JTV-69 Registration/Monkey
by gtrman100 on 2011-05-04 10:08:27

This has happened to many of us, there is some glitch in the registration page. You should be able to log into your account when the Monkey loads and be able to update. You might try logging into your account, delete the registration for your JTV, and then re-register it.

by Johan_de_Greyze on 2011-05-04 12:34:56

When saving my registration data via www.line6.com/register, I get a "serial could not be validated error (534)", please help

br

Jan

by davidb7170 on 2011-05-04 19:14:49

I got the same error -- first when signed on through Monkey, then just a little bit ago just via the website. Looks like I gotta get it registered before I can get my guitar fixed -- grrrr. Also don't like what I saw on the repair -- warranty work like this switch deal freight to be paid by the customer to the repair facility, by L6 back. grrr. If they'd fixed the known problem before I got it, it wouldn't need repairing......

I've had better days....

Dave

by pappywatts on 2011-05-05 06:01:44

Yeah  ....Best of Luck with registering your Korean JTV if bought from Europe/UK suppliers..

The menu gives you the JTV models, but your serial number isn't long enough to fill all the blanks in the postcard that came with the package.

Starts with W yes?

which is on the package and the back of the headstock....according to their blurb it has to start with 21......

I assume that the JTV in the menu dropdown is relating to the USA Tyler models.

So if you have problems with your new acquisition, contact Line 6 at the UK address in Hertfordshire

If you're on the continent contact your original supplier.

Mebbe they've fixed the guitars, and need someone to get around to fixing the admin on the web site.... don't hold your breath.

Still..the software updates work, and the monkey flashes in the latest firmware OK...

I've backed mine up OK, and workbench says yes Paul , you do have a tyler variax.... I can't quite believe that yet, it's been so long waiting.

So....am going to concentrate on playing it in, and tweaking  models...so far so good.. it's a great guitar, love it to bits...

by Johan_de_Greyze on 2011-05-05 11:05:54

I use it with a POD XT Live and everything works fine. The pickups via a standard cable and the models via the VDI cable, I can use all models, etc. One note: it is important that the XLR jack is pushed in correctly. At my first attempt I was too cautious and did not push it far enough, on the other hand do not apply to much force so that it might get damaged. I used the monkey before to update all items related to the POD including workbench and Monkey says that I have version 1.70. But when I open it, Workbench says it is 1.60. So maybe I need to reinstall it.

The registration page shows a serial no starting with W10 and that fits with the start of the number that is on the back of the neck. Well perhaps a fix is needed to accept European serials.

br

Jan

by pappywatts on 2011-05-05 14:43:58

Hi Jan, glad everything is working for you...I just tried registering, and of course it didn't work

message was:- Serial could not be validated ( Error: 534)

Yesterday when I first tried, the menu was different, didn't have the W10 serial no. option, so maybe someone is on the case....

by mmasse on 2011-05-05 17:20:58

I get this same error on my new JTV-59.  Can't register it.  The W10 comes up, but it won't accept the rest of my serial number.

by ozbadman on 2011-05-05 21:19:16

Check Zeros versus O's (numbers vs letters). I had this problem on some gear until I looked carefully at my number.

by Johan_de_Greyze on 2011-05-06 10:10:35

No ozbadman that is not the case here, I tried again today still does not work.

by Nige_ on 2011-05-09 02:33:02

FTR guys, I've just got off the phone with L6 UK tekkie and he has logged a support ticket regarding the registration issue. He says that he is scheduled to talk with the US guys with responsibility for this "tonight" so hopefully this will now escalate and see a resolution, shortly.

I will let you know when it is fixed (if L6 don't advise of the fix, themselves).

Nige.

by enzo1 on 2011-05-10 08:14:46

Hi

I have the same problem, and cannot register my new JTV-69 Candy apple Red that I received today.

I have been browsing the forums, and to my big surprise, I found another user having the same problem, and he posted a screen capture of the register form error.

I looked at the picture and the very curious thing is... he has the same serial number as me !!!!!!!! W101200301

It seems that There is a problem with the Korean Serial numbers.

I called Line6 support, and they will contact the US about this issue and get back to me.

Could you guys please confirm your serial numbers?

Best regards.

victor

by pappywatts on 2011-05-10 10:54:56

Well mine isn't registered yet, but interesting serial number admissions W101200 and then the batch number, mine's 347 delivered to the UK via Thomann last week,  Johann's is 310, and yours is 301.....all from Europe....feel sorry for the USA customers, it appears they're not getting theirs till October, I read that on good authority on another forum....

by Line6Hugo on 2011-05-10 11:19:55

Hey all,

I just want to chime in to say that we are currently looking into what may be causing the registration problems you are experiencing.  I'll chime into this thread once we have further info or resolution.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by theatricaldreamer on 2011-05-10 11:25:36

I'm in the U.S.A. and I got mine last week. Now I'm just dealing with this registration bs!

by Johan_de_Greyze on 2011-05-10 13:19:07

Thanks Hugo

I can confirm that guys, see this thread http://line6.com/community/message/275660

br

Jan

by Line6Hugo on 2011-05-10 13:33:17

Hey all,

The registration issue of JTV guitars should be fixed now. Please try registering the guitars to your account.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by Johan_de_Greyze on 2011-05-10 13:37:54

Thanks Hugo

I have registered my JTV now

br

Jan

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.