These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

gig bag broke
by gurumonkey on 2011-05-06 09:58:38

Hi Line 6.  I would like to inform you that the gig bag that shipped with my new JTV has started to split in 2 places.  Luckily, they are both on the shoulder strap padding.  I have done nothing other than carry the guitar, but the shoulder strap has ripped open to expose the foam on the inside, and on the other side it's actually starting to pull away from the strap itself.  Could you send me a replacement?

Also, i would like to purchase a new tremolo cover for my black jtv69.  Is that a part that could sell me?

thanks.

Owen

Re: gig bag broke
by gtrman100 on 2011-05-06 19:49:13

This is not the best place to take care of this problem. I'd contact the dealer where you bought it first, then if you don't get satisfaction, call the Line 6 customer service number. This forum is used mainly fo anwer questions about functionality, software updates, general comments, etc. Good luck.

Re: gig bag broke
by gurumonkey on 2011-05-06 19:54:56

yea i appreciate that.  i started in the support part of the website.  i didn't realize it would end up being posted in the general forum.  all i wanted was a contact email address for their support.  anyways, i appreciate your answer for what it's worth.

RE: gig bag broke
by Line6Don on 2011-05-10 14:47:13

Hey gurumonkey,

You will need to contact the dealer that you purchased it from about a replacement gig bag for you.

In addition, we have replacement tremolo arms available for purchase on our online Line 6 store:

http://line6.com/store/

Re: RE: gig bag broke
by gurumonkey on 2011-05-11 09:19:20

Thanks for the info on the bag.

I'm looking for a "new tremolo cover" not a "new tremolo arm".  i had looked in the store for it previously.  Do you have any of those for sale anywhere?

by Kneehow on 2011-05-13 11:55:35

No worries. The dealer you purchased the bag from should be able to sort you out if you're within their exchange period (typically 30, sometimes within 45 days of sale).

We don't sell parts directly to end users for products that aren't already on our online webstore. Typically those are replacement parts for older devices, if you take a look: http://line6.com/store/

Currently,we have no JTV replacement parts available for sale online.

Is there actually something defective with the tremolo cover plate for your JTV69?

by gurumonkey on 2011-05-13 20:47:12

no, nothing wrong with it.  i installed a tremol-no and wanted to keep one stock plate and cut a hole in another, but the other trem cover plate i had for a different guitar had different dimensions so the screws didn't fit.  i'll just have to see if i can find something.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.