These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Problem with JTV & Pod X3 Live Blends (JTV + Mic)
by swetherholt on 2011-05-09 08:12:04

I'm trying to play my Tyler Variax  thru my pod x3 live in the blend mode where you have one tone input  variax ch1 and the other tone input as mic.

But for some reason I get the Variax tone plus the mag pick ups. I've tried this both with the VDI cable and a 1/4" jack.

I  practice with band mates online and I have no problem running a regular  guitar like a strat with a 1/4" jack and a mic at the same time using  the blends mode.

Anyone out there have the solution?

Re: Problem with JTV & Pod X3 Live Blends (JTV + Mic)
by ozbadman on 2011-05-09 09:26:31

Are you sure you are getting that with the 1/4" jack? That should be impossible as the JTV series only puts either the mags or the models down the 1/4" jack. It would be possible with the VDI cable, but I am very confused by it happening with the 1/4" jack. Please confirm this is the case.

by swetherholt on 2011-05-09 09:46:25

Yes. I've definitely tried it with a 1/4" jack. It sounds fine going out to the mains on my PA but when I use headphones into the pod I get the mags + the models. The mic is not hot enough to pick up any residual sound from the strings and in my headset the mag strings are as loud as the modeled strings.

RE: Problem with JTV & Pod X3 Live Blends (JTV + Mic)
by Line6Don on 2011-05-10 11:01:32

Hey swetherholt,

Please try reinstalling the flash memory on the JTV, it could be possible there was some sort of corruption in the software that is causing a confusion of the output signals.

If after reinstalling the flash memory you still have this problem, it could potentially be a hardware problem instead. At which point, we recommend having a Line 6 Service Center assess the guitar. Please follow the link below to locate a local Line 6 Service Center:

http://line6.com/service_centers/

Re: RE: Problem with JTV & Pod X3 Live Blends (JTV + Mic)
by swetherholt on 2011-05-11 10:36:34

I would think if that was the problem it would be doing the same thing when I plug into my amp using a 1/4" jack.

Also the only time it is happening is through headphones out of the pod. Things sound fine when I'm going thru my xlr outs or my line out to an amp from the podx3.

I'm thinking it may be more of a podx3 issue.

RE: Problem with JTV & Pod X3 Live Blends (JTV + Mic)
by Line6david on 2011-05-12 14:35:35

Hi,

The first thing we need to determine is whether the problem is with the X3 or the guitar.

If you plug the guitar directly into the front of an amp do you hear mixed output?

Also, what are your input settings set to in the X3 Live?

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: Problem with JTV & Pod X3 Live Blends (JTV + Mic)
by swetherholt on 2011-05-13 07:05:47

Hello David,

I stumbled across the solution. When I went to the output on my podx3 and panned the two outputs to the center the problem went away.

The issue only came up when I was using Blends (Variax & Mic) thru the pod and wearing headphones.

Thanks.

by swetherholt on 2011-05-13 07:06:41

Oh I guess I should mark question answered.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.