These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

A slightly different ESN problem on Xt Live
by jawgee on 2011-05-10 08:52:24

All of problems I've been reading about regarding Xts showing a 00000000 ESN in Monkey show this ESN on the unit itself.  My problem is slightly different in that I do have a proper ESN listed on my POD Xt Live, but when I connect via USB to three different PCs, I get an error message stating "The PODxt Live you are connecting to is not valid Line 6 hardware" and Monkey shows a Communication Error and an ESN of 00000000.

Now, my Xt Live has never been serviced.  I bought it new about three years ago from a major online retailer.  In fact, I only turned it on once to make sure it worked when I first got it.  I purchased the Gold model pack about a year later and just now got around to installing them.

Well, I can't install them because of this stupid error that I'm receiving.  The Xt Live works fine, and when I connected it to my PC, I was able to update both the USB firmware and the Flash Memory to the latest versions.  How was I able to do this, but not install the model packs?

Please tell me there is a way to get my model packs (which I've never even played!) onto my Live without having to spend big bucks at a service center.

Thanks,

jawgee

Re: A slightly different ESN problem on Xt Live
by jawgee on 2011-05-11 09:00:09

Just to add in some further details...

• I have connected my Xt Live directly to a USB port, not through a USB hub
  • I have tried two different USB cables
  • Out of the three PCs that I have tried connecting the Xt Live to, two have Win7 64-bit OSs and the other has WinXP SP3
  • I tried resetting the Xt Live

The thing I'm really confused about is how I was able to download the latest USB firmware and device firmware, but not be able to download model packs to the unit.  This makes me think it has more to do with Line 6's internet processing than it being a hardware issue.

Anything else I should try?

Thanks,

jawgee

by TheRealZap on 2011-05-11 09:34:03

jawgee wrote:

Well, I can't install them because of this stupid error that I'm receiving.  The Xt Live works fine, and when I connected it to my PC, I was able to update both the USB firmware and the Flash Memory to the latest versions.  How was I able to do this, but not install the model packs?

the ESN is a security chip required to validate purchases....

the firmware is free for everyone and requires no validation...

doesn't solve your issue... but this is expected behavior.

by jawgee on 2011-05-11 10:50:09

Thanks for the reply.  That makes sense, but since I can view my ESN from my Xt Live, shouldn't there be a way to override the Monkey and get my model packs?  I mean, I can send a screenshot &/or video to Line6 and with my account history, they should be able to see that I own these model packs, no?

Thanks,

jawgee

by TheRealZap on 2011-05-11 11:25:54

i suspect that you have a driver problem, uninstall the current line6 drivers and reinstall the latest here: http://line6.com/software/

itsworth a shot... the same thing happened to me, but i seem to recall that the XT itself had all 0's for the ESN.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.