These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

placing a preamp in line with an amp and cab - why is preamp only after the cab?
by fp65 on 2011-05-10 15:53:57

Is this meant to be a mic preamp?  what about placing the preamp before the amp?

I can't seem to do this in podfarm 2.  Any ideas/thoughts here are appreciated.

Thanks

Re: placing a preamp in line with an amp and cab - why is preamp only after the cab?
by Triryche on 2011-05-10 20:24:18

I never noticed that before!!

But sure enough, I cannot put a preamp before the amp in the signal chain!!

That is interesting because I assumed PF2 gave you signal chain freedom.

As a work around you could have a chain with no amp/cap and run it into another PF2 chain or pull up an instance of PF Elements and run into a PF2 chain.

But still, that is not total signal chain freedom....

Re: placing a preamp in line with an amp and cab - why is preamp only after the cab?
by fp65 on 2011-05-11 15:53:46

Your workaround could be ok using the plug in but for live use with the standalone mode, i am not sure.

any thoughts here?

RE: placing a preamp in line with an amp and cab - why is preamp only after the cab?
by Line6Don on 2011-05-12 11:26:53

Hey fp65,

While POD Farm 2 offers extended flexibility of signal flow options, these are options are not unlimited.

Unfortunately this signal flow is not compatible in POD Farm 2 because of the nature of the signal flow and the way in which models were captured.

Triryche has a great suggestion for a workaround at this time.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.