These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Feature request: Ability to assign switches to toggle (multiple) parameter values!
by gregr on 2011-05-11 10:44:19

I often find myself wanting to boost the mids, gain and output on an amp model in order to toggle between rhythm and lead.  In the case of multiple amps in an A/B situation, I can see the possiblity of essentially having four distinct amp sounds in one preset.  Of course it would be great to use it to toggle values for other things as well as well as having the continued ability to toggle the on/off state of blocks with the same switch and anything else the switch can do simultaneously (such as send MIDI).

This idea is coming from the paradigm of the original floorboard where one could increse the gain level via the distortion switch or boost the channel level via the drive/boost switch as well the DigiTech RP1000, which provides similar functionality though it can only toggle either the on/off state of an effect or a single parameter between two values.

I realize an expression pedal can sweep a range of values and the toe switch can toggle on/off states, but such a feature will free the pedal(s) and toe switch to do other things.

Thanks for reading!

Re: Feature request: Ability to assign switches to toggle (multiple) parameter values!
by mr_slugworth on 2011-05-11 10:55:48

This has crossed my mind before.  I would love it!  Did you already send it in as a feature request (http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/)?

Re: Feature request: Ability to assign switches to toggle (multiple) parameter values!
by gregr on 2011-05-11 11:00:47

Done.  Thanks for the easy link.

by mr_slugworth on 2011-05-11 11:04:55

I also sent it in.  Copied your text (hope you don't mind), but added my own short comment at the top.  I gave it the subject "Use footswitch to toggle a parameter between 2 values".

Anyone else who agrees, please do likewise!  If this came true it'd be bad a$$.

http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

by gregr on 2011-05-11 11:10:21

That's all I did (but fixed the "possiblity" typo).

by schapman1022 on 2011-05-11 11:21:43

Good request.  I had requested this awhile back as well.  I used this feature all the time with my Boss GT-8 and GT-6 and to be honest, it's really the only feature (a big feature if you ask me) I miss from those units.

by jimsreynolds on 2012-01-10 23:51:27

Yeah +1.  I used this a lot on my GT-8 and it really the only thing that I miss too (well that and the feedbacker).  FR raised.

by zwieten on 2012-01-23 11:08:05

I had just posted a message requesting the exact same feature when I saw your original post in the "similar posts" list. :-) So, I went back and removed my post. Is there any news on whether or not it will be implemented?

by jimsreynolds on 2012-01-23 11:43:55

Nope, no declared intention at the moment., It may pop up unexpectedly in a future firmware release.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.