These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: JM4 Looper

I have the JM-4 looper. I can not transfer to the SD card.
by grevel on 2011-05-15 12:34:25

Every time that I put the SD Card in I get an error. I have tried two types. The first card is a Kodak 2GB It has never worked. I bought it for this looper. The second card is a Canon 16Mb card that came with a camera but never used. It usually comes up with not enough memory no matter how small of a file I try to record. Getting frustrated with this product in general

Re: RE: I have the JM-4 looper. I can not transfer to the SD card.
by Kneehow on 2011-05-18 15:14:38

First off, regarding the Canon card: if it's a 16 GB card, this will never work.

The JM4 can only see up to 2 GB SD cards in terms of storage size limitations.

So, my question to you is... if you insert your 2 GB Kodak card into your computer via USB reader. Open up the SD card and verify that you see a "LINE6" folder on the root director of the SD Card.

If you don't see it, create one. (LINE6) all caps, no spaces. The presence of the LINE6 folder on the SD Card itself is required for the JM4 to be able to "Save Rec Mix as Wav" to the SD Card.

Does my guess solution fit your case correctly? I'm guessing because there's not enough info from you yet to really know if this is what you experienced in terms of specifics, i.e. "I was trying to use the "Save REC Mix as Wav" option from the JM4 but I received an error message on the screen that said "Error message".

Let me know if my suggestion helped. If it did not, you'll have to give more detailed info about what you did and what you saw, message-wise on the unit for us to really understand what's going on and help you out.

by grevel on 2011-05-18 16:27:30

Thanks for your reply.

The SD Card that I am using is a Kodak 2GB. I didn't know that there had to be a folder "LINE6" on the card, so I did load the card into the side of my I-Mac computer and created a new file named LINE6 . I tried it again and I still get an SD-CARD WRITE ERROR when I try to Transfer one saved song, or all of them. I checked the card again on my computer and it shows an empty LINE6 folder. Am I leaving out an EXT, WAV,  or something? When I turn the knob to browse the SD Card on my JM-4 it now says  "No Rec Files In Card's LINE6 Folder, so it does look like it recognized the "LINE6" folder… Help!

by grevel on 2011-05-18 16:46:53

After playing with this some more, I first got a "FATAL ERROR, PARTITION.cpp Line 33" After It cleared its self I tried again and got " BAD CHARACTER IN NAME"

by Kneehow on 2011-05-24 15:21:10

Make sure that you've formatted the 2GB SD card from inside the JM4, if possible.

If you cannot or choose to format the SD Card on your Mac, set the filesystem to "FAT". It cannot be anything other than this. If you format the SD Card in the Mac, be sure to create a LINE6 folder in the SD card after a re-format, as any previously created folder or files will be wiped.

Are you using the "Save Rec Mix As Wav" option in the JM4's saving options?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.