These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

JTV-69 registration and Line6 Monkey
by jpschelkens on 2011-05-16 11:38:20

Hi there,

Last week I managed to register my JTV-69 (Korean version) via the Line 6 registration page.  When checking my account afterwards, it appears in the list of registered gear.

Now, when using Line 6 Monkey in order to verify whether there are some new update for the JTV-69, this application tells me that my JTV-69 is not yet registered.

Does anyone else have this problem?  Is there a problem with Line 6 Monkey, not correctly linking to my account?

Thanks for some feedback on this

Greets

Re: RE: JTV-69 registration and Line6 Monkey
by Kneehow on 2011-05-20 12:02:57

No worries on that. None of the Variax or JTV guitars have an "ESN" (electronic serial number) as our POD and POD Studio USB interfaces do.

However, the fact that Monkey telling you that the JTV-69 is not yet registered can be confusing... the issue is that the current USB port connection (or cable) you're using may not be providing 100% bandwidth for Monkey to "see" the device electronically. Monkey will access your account info and compare to the connected device, but if's there something in between prevent this, Monkey will then think that your device hasn't been regsitered yet. You can try logging out and signing back into Monkey, too as a safeguard.

The solution is to unplug the USB cable and try a different USB port on the computer until you find a port that Monkey doesn't throw a "not yet registered" message. At that point you should be able to re-install the Flash Memory of your JTV.

An internally damaged USB cable can cause this, too. But please try all other USB ports. You should be able to find one that allows Monkey to "see" the JTV and proceed with updates.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.