These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

PodFarm 2.5 Vst Currupt Graphics
by wbilli on 2011-05-17 14:26:54

Since installing Podfarm 2.5 the graphics on my podfarm vst have all gone strange (see attached pictures)

I have tried re-downloading and reinstalling pod farm a few times to no avail

I am using ablton Live 8 on Windows 7 (64bit)

I will try to completely remove the plugin and reinstall again any suggestions are welcome

Re: PodFarm 2.5 Vst Currupt Graphics
by grumbleweed on 2011-05-18 12:57:21

I have exactly the same problem using Sonar X1 Producer (fully patched). The update cannot be used looking like it does. The standalone version is ok.

Grum.

by BigChas52 on 2011-05-18 13:08:57

I had the same issue and was able to fix it by:

1.  Download POD Farm 2.5 (fresh download)

2.  Uninstall existing POD Farm 2.5

3.  Reinstall POD Farm 2.5 - Create a special directory C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins and install the plug in portion there

4.  Make sure the directory referenced above is in your DAW's VST search path

That fixed it for me.

by grumbleweed on 2011-05-18 13:42:31

I'll try that. Unfortunately I've just done a system restore to try to go back to 2.02 but all that did was corrupt the standalone version as well!

I can say with some confidence that I'm not a happy bunny at this point in time.

Grum.

by Line6Tony on 2011-05-18 17:06:49

In general, you will see bad graphics if you move your VSTs or install them to a custom location. You are actually still instantiating the *2.0* VST plugin in your DAW – not the 2.5 plugin. In order to fix this, either:

-Copy the 2.5 VST from \Program Files\Line 6\ to the place where the 2.0x VST is

or

-Reinstall POD Farm 2.5 and tell the installer to install the VST to the same place where the 2.0x VST is.

or

-Uninstall everything and just install POD Farm 2.5

by grumbleweed on 2011-05-19 11:12:55

All I did was install to the default location! As it all works now I'll ignore the insinuation that it failed due to something I did ;).

Grum.

by wbilli on 2011-05-21 07:08:22

As answered below

This was just a case of me having to manually uninstall all of the old Podfarm dlls from the VstPlugins folder

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.