These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

How many simultaneous expression pedal parameters?
by darrenwilson on 2011-05-19 21:44:47

Hello

I'm not sure if this has been covered elsewhere, but how many parameters can be controlled simultaneously by the expression pedal on the HD500? I'm coming from a BOSS GT-series processor and i'm used to having 8 or more parameters assigned to various pedals. (I have presets where i'm controlling four different parameters at once using the expression pedal.)

I'm seriously thinking of an HD500 as my next upgrade, but the flexibility of assigning multiple parameters to the expression pedal is a pretty key feature for me.

Thanks,

darren.

Re: How many simultaneous expression pedal parameters?
by gtrman100 on 2011-05-19 22:09:46

You can assign one parameter per effect using the controller assignment page. If you have 8 effects you could assign one parameter for each one of those effects, or amp model.

by gregr on 2011-05-19 22:11:44

I don't know where you got that information as you can certainly assign more than one parameter per effect to either expression pedal.

by spaceatl on 2011-05-19 22:17:44

I don't do that a whole lot, but I know you can...It would be interesting to see what the upper limit would be...Right now I have this crazy double bender patch with two benders running different min and max values...good question...

by phil_m on 2011-05-20 04:46:20

You can control as many parameters as you want simultaneously with the expression pedals. It's not limited to one per effect or to one effect. In HD500 Edit, you go to the Controllers screen, select the effect you want to assign expression pedal control to, select the parameter to control, select whether you want EXP1 or 2 to control it, and then set the max and min values. You then repeat that for the other parameters in the effect you want to control, if desired. You do the same things for the other effects you want to control then. So, really, there's no limit to how many parameters you can control.

by gtrman100 on 2011-05-20 07:39:22

My bad- you're right you can do mulitple parameter assignments to one pedal. I forgot that you can reassign the paramter, and you get the asterisk indicating there is more than one parameter assigned to that pedal.

by darrenwilson on 2011-05-21 19:26:32

Wow... that's what i was hoping to hear!

I've done some interesting things in the past with adjusting multiple gain and volume parameters on the fly to go from sparkling clean at the bottom end of the pedal travel to over-the-top gain with a boost and EQ at the top end. Or manipulating multiple weird parameters like delay time, delay feedback and tap tempo in multiple directions for a cool pitch-shift-stutter-distort-repeat at the end of a song by pulling the pedal back. I also like manipulating parameters that really shouldn't be manipulated in real time, in order to get some odd effects.

Now that the HD500 can put any effect in any order and allow simultaneous manipulation of multiple parameters with the expression pedal(s), Line 6 finally seems to have matched (or beaten) most of the things i've always found useful in the BOSS GT-series for sonic experimentation.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.