These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Line 6 POD X3
by Guitar_Murphy on 2011-05-20 19:03:56

Hello, the sound (audio) from my Line 6 Pod X3 is panning uncontrollably back and forth from the left channel to the right channel while I play through the device. I have replaced all of my cords and swapped the USB port that the device is plugged into. Nothing works. I disconnected everything from the POD X3 unit and plugged my headphones into the headphone jack to see if it was the computer connections that were to blame. Even over the headphones the panning from left channel to the right channel continues. I am having to use a 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch adaptor that I bought from Radio Shack in order to plug the 1/8 inch headphone jack into the POD X3. I am out of ideas. Do you have any suggestions? Do I need to reflash the unit or reset the software to factory settings? Thanks for your help.

Re: Line 6 POD X3
by silverhead on 2011-05-24 06:44:28

If you are sure that the panning is not the normal result of applying a stereo FX in your patch(es), then I would reflash the memory. Start the X3 in safe mode (hold down the right nav key while powering on) then run Line 6 Monkey and select the Flash Memory command.

Re: Line 6 POD X3
by pchapple on 2011-05-24 06:46:23

What happens if you select the TUNER and put it in to BYPASS mode using the right hand rotary knob ?

Try deselecting / switching OFF all effect blocks, including AMP

If you've still got the problem even aftera full reset, then I would guess it's a repair needed I'm afraid ... ... :-(

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.