These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

POD X3, No USB audio, Unknown Firmware, Error Code 8000900C
by mattlth on 2011-05-21 07:30:53

I have been using my POD X3 for  over a year with no problems.  It has always been connected directly to  it's own USB port.  I shut my entire studio down last night after an  editing session wherein I was using the X3.  When I started everything  this morning, no sound came out of the computer via the X3.  When I  switched to my Mac speakers, the sound came out.  When I switched back  to the X3, no sound.

So  I ran Line 6 Monkey which updated to 1.40.  After starting Monkey  again, it updated the Drivers to 5.9.2.  After a reboot of the computer  and the X3, the Flash Memory "Installed" version said "Unknown" (Figure 1) I know I had 2.00 installed before, so I tried "Reinstall Latest" which  gave me the "(Code 8000900C) MIDI device timed out waiting for a  response." error message (Figure 2)   I then tried the Reinstall Latest procedure while the X3 was in Safe  Mode, which was unsuccessful.  So I checked the SYSTEM page of the X3  and the LCD read:

FLASH MEMORY VERSION: 2.00

USB FIRMWARE VERSION: 0.00

(Figure 3)

So  I tried the Reinstall Latest for the USB Firmware which Monkey reported  a successful update, however the SYSTEM page still read "0.00" even  though Monkey reported "1.02".  I tried Reinstall Latest on the USB  Firmware while the X3 was in Safe Mode without success.

I  repeated all of the steps above using a different Mac, a Windows 7 PC,  and with different USB cables, but the results were all identical.

In case you missed them, here is the link to all of the Figures I mentioned previously:

http://www.midiassist.com/x3/x3error.png

Doesthis mean I need to arrange for an RMA?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

PS,  The Macs I tried were MacBook Pros (8,3 and a 5,2) both running 10.6.7  with 8 GB of RAM and all other USB devices were removed, save the X3.   The PC is running Windows 7 64-Bit with 8 GB RAM and other than the X3,  only the USB mouse and keyboard were attached while attempting the  Reinstall Latest.  All of the Monkeys and drivers were updated to the  latest version prior to attemtping the updates.

RE: POD X3, No USB audio, Unknown Firmware, Error Code 8000900C
by Line6Don on 2011-05-25 17:54:40

Hey mattlth,

At this point, after trying all the steps you have already taken without success, I recommend taking the POD X3 into a local Line 6 Service Center for assessment. To locate a Line 6 Service Center in your area, please follow the link below:

http://line6.com/service_centers/

Re: RE: POD X3, No USB audio, Unknown Firmware, Error Code 8000900C
by mattlth on 2011-05-27 07:04:19

I was afraid of that.  I'll get it fixed ASAP.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: POD X3, No USB audio, Unknown Firmware, Error Code 8000900C
by Cautious on 2011-09-15 22:58:23

Hey mattlth,

I have the exact same issue. Did you take it in to have it repaired? What did they say the problem was and how much did it cost to repair it? Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~C~

Re: POD X3, No USB audio, Unknown Firmware, Error Code 8000900C
by mattlth on 2011-09-16 15:35:46

Hi Cautious.  I will have to take the X3 in for repair, but I haven't done it yet.  Our local service center is extraordinarily slow.  They still have a Groove Tubes microphone I took there 2 years ago and they still haven't fixed it.

I wasn't using the guitar modeling in the X3 very much, so I replaced it with a Steinberg CI2+.  When I have some time, I'll get the X3 fixed.

Matt

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.