These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

JTV-69 and Workbench
by frstrat on 2011-05-22 10:27:15

Hi -

I can't get my JTV-69 and my USB Variax Workbench to work.  It worked fine last week and now when I open Workbench and his "refresh" no device is recognized.  On the interface, the light for the interface-to-computer is lit green but I have a flashing red light on the Variax side.  Help.

Floyd

Re: JTV-69 and Workbench
by ozbadman on 2011-05-22 13:12:15

Hi,

I have two suggestions for you:

1) I saw this on my 59 at one point. From what I recall I believe it was fixed the next time I plugged in the VDI cable into the JTV. Therefore, I think it was simply not plugged in fully. The cable seemed to feel like it was fully in before it actually "clicked" into place. My advice: disonnect each of the cable points and reconnect them ensuring you push them all the way in

2) A more remote possibility is you are using a different USB port on your computer. There have been instances of people reporting different problems when using the USB ports on the front of their computers, or when going through a USB hub. Try one of the USB prots on the back of your computer.

by frstrat on 2011-05-22 13:57:03

Thanks, I didn't have the Variax side fully plugged in.  Color me a moron.  Appreciate your post.

Floyd

by ozbadman on 2011-05-22 18:33:12

No worries. I struck this "problem" too. It defintely feels like it's plugged in when it's not so it's a good one to be aware of.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.