These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Problem installing Pod Farm Plat 2.5 and Cubase 6
by nexis74 on 2011-05-24 06:44:18

Hey everybody.  Anybody have any luck using Cubase 5 ...or 6 with Pod Farm Platinum?  I have 32 bit and 64 bit installed.  I moved the 64 bit dil files to their correct folder.   know it's installed correctly.  When Cubase starts up, it hangs fpr a while on initializing Pod farm plat then crashes.  This happens on both Cubase 5 and Cubase 6.  I know for sure that the it was installed correctly in the right folder.  I don't get it?  Any help would be great...

Version 2.02 was working fine.  What happened?  I am in the middle of a project and I need Pod Farm Platinum to work...

I use an iLok...

nexis

RE: Problem installing Pod Farm Plat 2.5 and Cubase 6
by Line6david on 2011-05-25 17:34:31

Hi,

Do you have the latest Cubase updates installed?

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads.html

Also, have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling POD Farm?

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: Problem installing Pod Farm Plat 2.5 and Cubase 6
by nexis74 on 2011-05-26 01:15:04

Hi David ...and thanks for helping.  Yup, I am running the latest version of Cubase  It's V6.02  I've got part of it to work.  Someone at the guitarampmodeling.com has been trying to give me some suggestions as well.  It seems that something was not installed in the right folder so I had to manually cut and paste the files to a different folder in order to make it work (Cubase 6 64 bit)  As for Cubase 36 2 bit, I'm still working on it.  I have both versions of Cubase installed on the same computer which is an i7, 12 gigs of ram.  Pod farm plat is still using mas amounts of computer power when using 1 instance of the plugin and it dosen't "sound right" to me.

The sounds a bit fizzy to me.  Some amps sound great while others sound like the cabinet may be "bypassed" but I physically see it on the screen like it should be working.  Sometimes when I switch amps, the picture of the amp changes on the screen, but the sound dosen't change.  I use an iLok by the way.

I still can't get passed the splash screen of the stand alone version of pod farm it says something can't be initialized.  So I can't get the stand alone version to work at all.  I use 2 of the steinberg MR816 CSX's as my audio interfaces.  Well, ,hope to hear from you soon.

Joe

RE: Problem installing Pod Farm Plat 2.5 and Cubase 6
by Line6Don on 2011-06-07 13:34:41

Hey nexis74,

This is an issue we are currently looking into. An update should be supplied shortly, sorry for the inconvenience. Please refer to the document below for information on current issues and workarounds:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2304

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.