These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

Using overdrive pedals in the M13's effects loop
by jsouki on 2009-04-28 11:35:54

Hi there,

I'm currently setting up my new pedal board and would like to reap the benefits of using the M13's true-bypass effects loops. I have a few overdrive pedals that I would like to use in conjunction with the M13 (Lovepedal Kanji Eternity, Ibanez TS-9, Tech 21 Character Series California), a wah pedal, and a compressor, and I was wondering if by putting these in the M13's effects loop using the "Pre-all" option, would I be able to get a full sound out of my external stompboxes, as if these were plugged straight into the amp? Also, when using the built-in tuner, would it also bypass the stompboxes in the M13's effects loop?

Thank you,

John

Re: Using overdrive pedals in the M13's effects loop
by jsouki on 2009-04-30 19:52:54

Anyone?

by whitewake on 2009-05-03 08:31:52

i used to connect my overdrive pedals (Maxon OD9+, EMMA, MXR Zakk, Fulltone Wah) with send-return loop but now i'm juz connecting them from my guitar's jack  straight to M13' input.  I found that connecting my pedals via send-return loop will make overdrive sounds creamier/unclear.

for me send-return loop works great when you would like to connect external modulation effects (delay,chorus, phaser) but not with the overdrive/ distrotion to M13.  i play rock/metal music so gain is very important issue for me.

hope my answer might help.

by bpollen on 2009-05-04 16:39:33

Jsouki,

I use my external dirt boxes in the loop because I like the filters to be in front of the dirt.  I don't use the M-13 in true bypass though.  Let your ear be the guide.  I would start simple, M-13 & 1 dirt box.  Try it both ways.  Record it if you can so you can listen objectively later.  I would repeat the process with each dirt box.  You never know, some might work better in different places.  Also try different orientations of multiple boxes.  Input impedance can definitely effect tone.  A days worth of experimentation should yield a months worth of satisfaction.  Good luck.

"B"

by jsouki on 2009-05-05 11:21:13

Thanks Whitewake! +1

by jsouki on 2009-05-05 11:22:15

Thanks B! +1

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.