These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

FBV Shortboard MKII not working in Ableton
by bruceburger on 2011-05-26 03:13:47

Hi

I'm trying to use my FBV Shortboard MKII to turn effects on and off in Ableton. I've followed all the tutorials on how to do it. I enable the REMOTE tab in MIDI/sync preferences, then enter MIDI map mode, click on the parameter, it tells me to press a control, I do, but no MIDI signal is sent.

I'm using some of the switches to control effects in POD Farm simultaneously, but surely the unassigned switches should work fine?

Should I assign the MIDI CC's in FBV Control beforehand or should I leave them as unassigned?

It seems pretty self-explanatory, but I can't understand why it isn't working.

Re: RE: FBV Shortboard MKII not working in Ableton
by Kneehow on 2011-05-27 10:47:55

Double-check to make sure you have the Shortboard MKII setup correct for "Remote" control in Ableton. (My first screenshot shows what you have it set to).

I didn't have to open the FBV Control app, but that's because my previous template was already modified to send the CC's I wanted to send into Ableton. You may want to have it open so you can customize your CC data message types for the switches.

Re: RE: FBV Shortboard MKII not working in Ableton
by bruceburger on 2011-05-27 13:20:01

Thanks, it turned out that the takeover mode was incorrect by default.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.