These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

FBV Shortboard MKII not working in Ableton
by bruceburger on 2011-05-26 03:13:47.3510

Hi

I'm trying to use my FBV Shortboard MKII to turn effects on and off in Ableton. I've followed all the tutorials on how to do it. I enable the REMOTE tab in MIDI/sync preferences, then enter MIDI map mode, click on the parameter, it tells me to press a control, I do, but no MIDI signal is sent.

I'm using some of the switches to control effects in POD Farm simultaneously, but surely the unassigned switches should work fine?

Should I assign the MIDI CC's in FBV Control beforehand or should I leave them as unassigned?

It seems pretty self-explanatory, but I can't understand why it isn't working.

Re: RE: FBV Shortboard MKII not working in Ableton
by darealagentp on 2011-05-27 10:47:54.8480

Double-check to make sure you have the Shortboard MKII setup correct for "Remote" control in Ableton. (My first screenshot shows what you have it set to).

I didn't have to open the FBV Control app, but that's because my previous template was already modified to send the CC's I wanted to send into Ableton. You may want to have it open so you can customize your CC data message types for the switches.

Re: RE: FBV Shortboard MKII not working in Ableton
by bruceburger on 2011-05-27 13:20:01.0720

Thanks, it turned out that the takeover mode was incorrect by default.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.