These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

4 days POD X3 ground issue when plugged USB, and master vol question
by Deadpoet on 2011-05-26 05:42:55

Hi there! I recently purchased a Pod X3, and i have a serious ground issue, but ONLY when the volume switch on my guitars, are off (no sound). I just realised that this happens only when the usb cable is plugged. Can you help me? (i tried all the usb ins on my pc AND laptop, with 3 different usb cables, and the problem still exists...)

Also i noticed that the master volume knob, starts working after the 9 o clock indent. Is that ok?

RE: 4 days POD X3 ground issue when plugged USB, and master vol question
by Line6Don on 2011-05-31 14:55:16

Hey Deadpoet,

So you only experience the grounding problem when you adjust the volume knob on your guitar when its plugged into the USB port? Have you tried this with a different guitar to make sure it's the guitar that is causing this.

Try and isolate each one of the components from the issues one at a time.

-Try using without the USB.

-Try using the the USB with no guitar attached.

-Try a different guitar.

-Try a different power source.

It could be the X3, the guitar, or the computer. Try your best to figure out which one.

If it comes down to the X3, make sure that it is being powered correctly, and if you are still having problems with the grounding, you make take it to a local Line 6 Service Center for assessment. To locate a Line 6 Service Center in your area please follow the link below:

http://line6.com/service_centers/

Re: RE: 4 days POD X3 ground issue when plugged USB, and master vol question
by Deadpoet on 2011-05-31 15:13:09

Hi Don, firstly thank you very much for your reply.

Secondly, i would like to inform you (and all users who will see this post) that PROBLEM SOLVED.

I figured out tha the problem was on a new instrument cable that I was using. I changed instrument cable and works fine now. No ground issue etc.

It is my fault that i didn't change it earlier, before I write the first post, but it was new and didn;t crossed my mind.

Thanx again anyways, take care.

Alexi Ch.

RE: 4 days POD X3 ground issue when plugged USB, and master vol question
by Line6Hugo on 2011-06-07 17:47:49

I'm glad that the problem is resolved.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.