These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Disabled Amps
by elroloh on 2011-05-26 11:18:31

Hi, first of all I'd like to thank line6 for this board, awesome work fellas

now, I've got a question about default presets, or factory presets, whatever you wanna call them, i've got at least 20 with disabled amps that won't work on any one I select, it say's it's because of the DSP usage, all right, got that when I read the manual

ain't a way to "fix" this somehow? i'm just stuck with a coulpe dozen of presets without amps? this happens the most on the heavily effected list

also on this same list, the last bank and other presets in the middle just won't work at all, no sound anywhere, it's not that they just don't have an amp (which I don't mind if it sounds nice), but I can't hear anything at all, what's wrong in there? am I doing something wrong or what? I've tried a couple of things to make them sound, but with no luck at all

I think that's it (for now at least ), so, thanks again for my new toy

Re: Disabled Amps
by elroloh on 2011-05-26 11:22:36

oh shoot I forgot to ask, is there any list of what songs or styles or where the inspiration came for some of the presets? I figured out some of them, yet there are others I don't know where they're from and I'd like to know

by TheRealZap on 2011-05-26 11:32:09

the ones that just don't work... you might check the inputs... they could be setup for mic...

have you updated to the latest firmware? and the latest driver/edit version?

by johnnyayyy on 2011-05-26 11:36:37

elroloh wrote:

Hi, first of all I'd like to thank line6 for this board, awesome work fellas

now, I've got a question about default presets, or factory presets, whatever you wanna call them, i've got at least 20 with disabled amps that won't work on any one I select, it say's it's because of the DSP usage, all right, got that when I read the manual

ain't a way to "fix" this somehow? i'm just stuck with a coulpe dozen of presets without amps? this happens the most on the heavily effected list

also on this same list, the last bank and other presets in the middle just won't work at all, no sound anywhere, it's not that they just don't have an amp (which I don't mind if it sounds nice), but I can't hear anything at all, what's wrong in there? am I doing something wrong or what? I've tried a couple of things to make them sound, but with no luck at all

I think that's it (for now at least ), so, thanks again for my new toy

I am guessing you are running firmware 1.31? There seems to be a problem with 1.31, for some reason the DSP usage is higher and patches that work in the earlier versions of the firmware will not open properly in the latest version and you will get the DSP error message.

Hmmmmm... This is the first time I have heard of the factory presets not working... you might want to try reinstalling the firmware and when you come to the part where Monkey asks if you want to keep your presets say no - the factory presets will be reinstalled. Be sure to save any presets you have already made to your computer and you can put them back on the Pod after the firmware reinstall.

If after all this you still can't use the factory presets you might try rolling back the firmware to an earlier version, figuring out which presets you like, and maybe tweaking them for lower DSP usage (maybe deleting an effect you don't need or trying a different reverb as some reverbs use more DSP than others) and resaving them to your computer reinstall after you go back to the 1.31 firmware.

by elroloh on 2011-05-26 11:44:59

everything is up to date and the FW is 1.31 as you guessed, I'm gonna try checking the setups but every other patch works correctly, there are just 5 or 6 presets that don't make a sound at all

about the DSP ussage, I guessed it was something like that, I'd like to know if they'll correct them on some other update, so we can have fully-working presets

any ideas on the presets name list?, that would be really cool if they added it somewhere, at least an unnoficial one, so we can know where some things came from and what they should sound like

by elroloh on 2011-05-26 12:03:33

Ok so THOSE presets that didn't work were set to be used with mic, so thanks about that, but is there a way to globally control what input i want to use with my pod? I changed it on the setup/config screen on the pod but it doesn't seem to stick to the presets

by silverhead on 2011-05-26 12:14:47

elroloh wrote:

.... but is there a way to globally control what input i want to use with my pod? ..

No. The selection of Inputs is a per-preset setting. It is saved with the preset when you save the preset. If you switch presets without saving, the change will be lost.

by elroloh on 2011-05-26 12:41:51

thanks a lot fellas for the (quick) answers, I don't think I've got any other problem

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.