These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

FBV Controller Software
by jasonair97 on 2011-05-26 16:34:21

I just bought a FBV shortboard MKII and am trying to use Line 6 Monkey to update my Spider IV 75w with it. I registered both products, and when I try to update my amp it said that my FBV is not registered. On another forum, It said you must download and install the drivers. I tried doing this, and the installation failed. I have restarted my computer multiple times, and have tried earlier versions. Still fails. Help?

Re: RE: FBV Controller Software
by Kneehow on 2011-05-27 09:31:43

This is a minor glitch in Line 6 Monkey; please disregard the "registration" message.

If you're able to "Connect To" the Spider IV (it will appear on the left portion of Monkey), you can actually update the Flash Memory manually.

Download the Spider IV 75 Flash Memory file manually from here: http://line6.com/software/

• Set the Product filter to: Spider IV 75
  • Set the Software filter to: Flash Memory
  • Click the red "Go". On the following page, click "Get Download" link for the 2.00 Flash Memory file.

Once you have that file saved locally to your hard drive somewhere easily accessible (Desktop is what a lot of people choose), go into Monkey and click on the Spider IV's "Flash Memory" component in the "Updates" page. Click "Update From File" option. Browse to the downloaded flash memory data file on your hard drive. Proceed with the update wizard steps on screen...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.