These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

UX2 Windows 7 Problem - Failed to Open Device
by ATSegan on 2011-05-27 13:41:35

Hi,

I've been having a reoccurring issue (not all the time though) where my UX2 device is not being recognized by Ableton Live Lite (currently running v 8.2.2). I was previuosly using version 7.0.10, but recently upgraded to 8.2.2 because the issue also happened with version 7.0.10. Additionally, I have updated all of my drivers using Line 6 Monkey 1.40 and installed PodFarm v 1.12. It seems as if the UX2 box is receiving signals from my mic as the front lights up and moves when I speak into the mic. I also see the green lights on the PodFarm application move as well. It's just the Ableton program that is having a problem with recognition. I get the following message:

Failed to open the audio device.

It sounds similar to the thread I found on the X3 here, but I am hoping I do not have to replace the box.

http://line6.com/community/thread/40213

But I'm not sure whether this is a Line 6 software/hardware issue or an Ableton issue. Can someone help shed some light on this subject?

Thanks!

Re: UX2 Windows 7 Problem - Failed to Open Device
by njgatt on 2011-05-27 20:21:30

in ableton go in to preferences and manually select the ux2 as ur input device.  that should let you record

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.