These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

How do I configure correctly to record via USB
by elroloh on 2011-05-28 12:12:57

Hi, I've got a little dobut, I'm using Cubase 4 to record what I play via USB in my PC, but what I want, is a way to hear what I've just played without having to export the track and listen to it on winamp, because when I hit the play button on Cubase, I hear what I've just recorded but instead of hearing it on my speakers, it goes out through the amp (which is what I've got connected as output on the POD)

Is there a way to play and use my amp as an output for the pod, but when I record, to hear it through my speakers directly?

Re: How do I configure correctly to record via USB
by Octo777 on 2011-05-28 13:26:16

elroloh wrote:

Hi, I've got a little dobut, I'm using Cubase 4 to record what I play via USB in my PC, but what I want, is a way to hear what I've just played without having to export the track and listen to it on winamp, because when I hit the play button on Cubase, I hear what I've just recorded but instead of hearing it on my speakers, it goes out through the amp (which is what I've got connected as output on the POD)

Is there a way to play and use my amp as an output for the pod, but when I record, to hear it through my speakers directly?

Well first of all, this is normal behaviour.

When you use the Pod for recording via USB, you are turning your Pod into an Audio Interface/sound card which means that all the sound from your DAW will come out of it.

One of the best ways to route your Pod sound out via your PC I have found is to get a cable that has two 1/4" jacks on one end and plugging that into the Stereo output of the pod, and then it has one 3.5mm stereo Jack on the other end which you can plug into the Line In on your PC's sound card.

This means that anything you play, will also come out of your PC's speakers as well as the play back from your DAW. You wouldn't really want to record and have your guitar amp as the output because then anything you have tracked will also come out of it too while recording.

There might be other ways, but this method is cheap, easy and it works.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.