These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Fender 5E3 and POD HD500 - Best Sound?
by stejimenez on 2011-05-28 15:10:13

!!Hello Everyone!!

I have an Original Fender 5E3 Amp and just bought a POD HD500. Since the 5E3 just have two Inputs: 2 Jacks "Bright" Channel , and 2 Jacks "Normal" Channel. What is the Best Way to Connect the HD500?

Maybe a Dumb question, but since this 5e3 does not have a Pream out nor Preamp in, it is crucial to set up the correct "Output Setting" and the "Amp Emulation Settings" on the POD HD500.

Thanks

Re: Fender 5E3 and POD HD500 - Best Sound?
by gtrman100 on 2011-05-28 17:38:55

You'll need to set the output mode to Combo Front. Because every amp is different, it would be hard to say whether the Bright or Normal channel is better. I suggest that you experiment- I would select the Bassman amp model with no other effects, then use the Hi, Lo, and Focus controls to match the sound of the Bassman model to the sound of the amp when you plug in directly.

If you have to adjust the Combo Front controls radically to get a close match with the Bright channel, try using the Normal channel to see if that gets you closer. Unfortunately, there are no hard and fast rules, you just have to tweak until things sound right to you,

Re: Fender 5E3 and POD HD500 - Best Sound?
by stejimenez on 2011-05-28 19:44:02

Dear gtrman100:

!!!Thanks For you Answer!!!

You'll need to set the output mode to Combo Front.

Unfortunately when I use "Combo Front" setting I don't like the sound. Don't Know how to describe it, it sounds like I'm playing trough and old Speaker Horn (Like the one used in old Stadiums), and I'm not able get a better sound trough High, Low and Focus Control. I have noticed that If I Use "Stack Preamp" the sound is a bit "Fuller" but does not sound "Just Right".

Unfortunately, there are no hard and fast rules, you just have to tweak until things sound right to you

Very True... I just wanted to See If anyone Here have played a bit with the configuration I have (5e3 + HD500).

Thanks Anyway.

RE: Fender 5E3 and POD HD500 - Best Sound?
by Line6Don on 2011-06-02 16:33:50

Hey stejimenez,

Having never been able to try a real Fender 5E3 amp, I couldn't say which connection and output would be best suited for you. I do however believe experimentation, so I reccomend trying all the different combinations of input connections and output settings till you find the sound that is "just right" for you.

However, I will leave the thread open for further contributions from the community.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.