These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Pod studio GX and mixer
by irinej on 2011-05-31 15:34:07

I've been using my pod studio GX for some time with cheapo desktop speakers. I plan to upgrade to pair of semipro active speakers (Behringer truth 2030A fits in price range) + mixer (Behringer XENYX 802). Any suggestion on connectivity and cables/adapters that I should get to make this to work properly?

Is this a proper way to connect: guitar or mic (1/4" mono cable) -> mixer (1/4" mono cable) -> POD GX (usb to computer and 1/8" to 1/4" stereo cable from POD back to ) -> mixer  -> speakers (2x 1/4" mono cables - this mixer doesn't have XLR outs).

Will this setup be suitable for professional quality recording/monitoring?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Pod studio GX and mixer
by Line6Don on 2011-06-03 14:48:04

Hey irinej,

It sounds like a great set up to me, everything should work just fine connecting it just like you explained.

I think it is suitable because you are using active monitors, which are the most important part of a mixing recording system. The mixer will also help because you apply the EQ before you record to help make your tracks sound better on the way in.

Re: RE: Pod studio GX and mixer
by irinej on 2011-06-04 03:27:23

Thanks Don, I appreciate your help.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.