These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD hd desktop no sound through computer speakers
by nitinlkoin1984 on 2011-06-02 11:51:56

Hi All

I just got my pod hd bean yesterday. Although I can record my guitar using USB, I cannot hear what I am playing though my computer speakers.

-I am using usb ports and not hubs

-I have windows vista 64bit

-I set recording device to pod hd and playback device to my computer skeapers

-I have latest drivers, monkey and flash memory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: POD hd desktop no sound through computer speakers
by Octo777 on 2011-06-02 12:30:17

nitinlkoin1984 wrote:

Hi All

I just got my pod hd bean yesterday. Although I can record my guitar using USB, I cannot hear what I am playing though my computer speakers.

-I am using usb ports and not hubs

-I have windows vista 64bit

-I set recording device to pod hd and playback device to my computer skeapers

-I have latest drivers, monkey and flash memory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

When using your POD in this manner, your POD becomes your sound card/audio interface.

Therefore, any sound from your DAW that you are using your as the interface for, needs to come from the output of the Pod. This includes playback from your DAW.

If you want to use your PC speakers, then I suggest you get a cable like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2M-3-5MM-STEREO-2-X-6-35MM-1-4-MONO-PLUG-JACK-CABLE-/370200197653#ht_2189wt_896

1/4" jacks go from the output of your HD, the 3.5mm goes to the Line in on your PC's sound card . (assuming you have one).

Hope this helps!

by nitinlkoin1984 on 2011-06-02 12:41:56

Thanks man, I was hoping to get everything done with just one cable. Do I need a direct box to hook my hd via line in ?

by Octo777 on 2011-06-02 12:57:59

nitinlkoin1984 wrote:

Thanks man, I was hoping to get everything done with just one cable. Do I need a direct box to hook my hd via line in ?

Nah, the just set the 1/4" out switch to line and you should be fine. You will probably need to adjust the output volume on the Line In on your sound card, but thats about it.

In the short term, while it's not ideal, you if you had a spare cable with 3.5mm jacks on either end and a 3.5mm to 1/4" converter, you could always hook your Pod up to your PC like I described but instead go from the Headphone output instead. I did that till I got my 1/4" Y cable to begin with but ultimately, I got a pair of M-Audio AV 40 Monitors to hook up directly to the Pod for practice and recording.

by nitinlkoin1984 on 2011-06-02 13:27:52

thanks mate

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.