These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Pod Farm fails to install, Win 7 x64
by stringwlker on 2011-06-02 23:49:18

Hi there,

Earlier today, I downloaded the PODFarmv2.50Installer.exe from your website.  Attempting to execute the file gives me an error message: "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.  Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."  Attempting to install the program via Monkey fails with an even less descriptive error, saying simply that it failed and that I would be redirected to the Line6 website to manually download and install the file.

Thanks,

Strngs

Re: Pod Farm fails to install, Win 7 x64
by stringwlker on 2011-06-07 13:33:38

Has anyone else had this problem?  I am guessing that there are folks out there who successfully run Pod Farm 2.5 in Win 7 64... did you guys have to do anything special to get installed?

RE: Pod Farm fails to install, Win 7 x64
by Line6Don on 2011-06-09 12:03:54

Hey stringwlker,

Many Line 6 users that have successfully installed POD Farm 2.5 on their Windows 7 computers. The error you are experiencing sounds like they are due to an internet connection issue. Please make sure that you are not using any sort of antivirus/firewall software when trying to download the file. In addition try bypassing any wireless internet connection and router and use a wired connection between your modem and your computer. Please make sure that you are not trying to use any sort of satellite or tethered internet connection, as they are not supported for downloading files properly.

Re: RE: Pod Farm fails to install, Win 7 x64
by stringwlker on 2011-06-10 03:11:52

Are you suggesting that the file(s) that I've downloaded are corrupt, or that the install is failing because it can't pull further files off the internet correctly?

I've tried downloading the install file manually several times from two different computers (which hurts on a connection w/ a small bandwith cap), in addition to allowing the Line 6 Monkey download and install.  All cases are failing in the way described.  If you think the file I've downloaded is corrupt, could you perhaps provide a checksum or hash for the file to help me verify the file's integrity?

Thanks,

Strngs

by Line6Hugo on 2011-06-10 08:56:00

Here is the link to our MD5 checksum utility which can also be seen at the bottom of the web page stating that your download has started:

http://line6.com/software/?submit=Show%3A&name=MD5ChecksumUtility&hardware=All&os=All

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by Line6Don on 2011-06-10 08:59:15

Hey stringwlker,

Please follow the link below to download the Checksum utility software to check your download for corruption:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=24

Keep trying to download the file using different computers and internet connections until you are able to successfully install the file onto your Windows 7 computer.

Re: Pod Farm fails to install, Win 7 x64
by stringwlker on 2011-06-10 11:08:11

Thanks, guys!

Amazingly, all the files that I had downloaded were indeed corrupt.  The checksums were all identical, but they didn't match the ones on the website today.  Today's download seems to have installed without a hitch.

Thanks again,

Strngs

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.