These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

POD X3 Live with EX-1 Tweak Settings Query
by chrisusher on 2011-06-05 12:39:07

Hi,

I've just bought a POD X3 Live having just upgraded from POD XT Live which I also use a EX-1 to boost drive/gain when necessary.  I love both the POD XT which has served me for many years and am loving the POD X3 Live already.

On the POD XT Live when I used the EX-1 the drive/gain could go all the way to 100%.

When I use it with the POD X3 Live the EX-1 max value can only be the value set on that particular effect when dialing in the preset.

Is there a way to rectify this?? 

I really don't want to set all my stomp effects higher and just adjust them downwards with the EX-1 all the time.  I just want to have the EX-1 set at half and then push to the toe position for more gain/drive above and beyond the value set in the preset. 

Or is there a way to set min and max values for tweak settings?

Thanks.

Chris

Re: RE: POD X3 Live with EX-1 Tweak Settings Query
by Line6Don on 2011-06-10 14:04:40

Hey chrisusher,

Unfortunately the POD X3 Live operates and utilizes the secondary expression pedal differently than XT Live series did. Please reference the excerpt from the POD X3 Live Advanced Users Guide below for all the information on setting up the secondary expression pedal for different parameters.

X3L-EXP.bmp

Here is a link to the POD X3 Live Advanced User guide:

http://l6c.scdn.line6.net/data/l/0a060072a53c4aae7fe287ecf/application/pdf/POD%20X3%20Advanced%20Guide%20(Rev%20E)%20-%20English.pdf

by chrisusher on 2011-06-11 06:33:31

Thanks Don,

I did fully read the manual before posting this question.

Unfortunately, the manual does not tell me how the POD X3 Live uses the EX-1 as a tweak pedal and how that differs from the way that the POD XT Live used to deal with the EX-1 to tweak tones.

Have cycled through all possibilities to try and get the EX-1 to act as it did with the POD XT but with no success.

Can you please let me know how the EX-1 is now handled in the POD X3 Live and possibly how I can manage it so that I can push the tweak pedal so that the pedal pushes gain and drive past the value set in Gearbox, without changing all my presets?

Also on Line 6 Edit or my POD XT the value that was being tweaked would update whenever the tweak pedal was moved, but neither Gearbox or the POD X3 Live update after using the tweak pedal. 

Is this known and will there ever be the functionality to update the value live depending on the tweak pedal?

Chris

by silverhead on 2011-06-11 06:41:32

chrisusher wrote:

Can you please let me know how the EX-1 is now handled in the POD X3 Live and possibly how I can manage it so that I can push the tweak pedal so that the pedal pushes gain and drive past the value set in Gearbox, without changing all my presets?...

In the X3 Live the EX-1 would be Pedal 2 in the manual description. You can assign Pedal 2 to TWEAK any one of the parameters that appear in the corresponding list when you assign the pedal. This is a per-preset setting; there is no global setting that will allow you to do this without changing all presets.

by chrisusher on 2011-06-11 06:46:10

Hi silverhead,

I have set my EX-1 to Tweak on all my presets so the problem is not knowing how to set the EX-1 to tweak mode but how the X3 handles the EX-1 pedal once it is assigned to Tweak.

If you do know how the X3 Live can be configured to use the EX-1 as the XT Live handles the EX-1, I would love to know it, I really do not wish to go through all my presets changing the values of the gains/drive in the stomps which is what I assign the EX-1 to tweak.

Thanks

Chris

RE: POD X3 Live with EX-1 Tweak Settings Query
by Line6Don on 2011-06-13 10:46:15

Hey chrisusher,

Just as SilverHead mentioned, "This is a per-preset setting; there is no global setting that will allow you to do this without changing all presets."

The POD X3 and the POD XT utilize the EX-1 differently, so you will not be able to use the EX-1 in the same manner that you used it with the POD XT.

You will need to program the tweaks function for every preset that you desire to use the EX-1 with.

by chrisusher on 2011-06-17 13:04:51

Hi,

I've just tried to use the EX-1 live with the POD X3 Live after assigning all the values that the EX-1 controlled upwards to get the tone I want when the EX-1 is in the toe down position, that the EX-1 and the POD X3 Live is not usable at all for tweak tone on the fly.

What I want from an EX-1 is to be able to assign a value for a stomp i.e. 60%, so when I activate it gives me some really nice drive, and then with the EX-1 in the Toe down position for it to give me a lead tone.   However, when trying to use it live, when I press the stomp effect, it comes on with my lead setting straightaway and I have to use the EX-1 straight away to dial the gain or drive back. 

It should be the otherway around, as it was in the POD XT Live which was perfect for my setup!!

Is there any tips for using the EX-1 and the POD X3 Live for tweak on the fly that I am not using?

Otherwise I will have to sell the EX-1 as to me it is now pretty pointless unless I want a seperate pedal to operate wah, which I never use!

Thanks.

RE: POD X3 Live with EX-1 Tweak Settings Query
by Line6Don on 2011-06-17 13:38:13

Hey chrisusher,

Unfortunately there are not any more tips that I can provide concerning the use of the EX-1 and the POD X3 Live.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.