These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

running into two amps` effects loops with m13
by robertray on 2011-06-05 19:41:17

Is it possible, using the m13`s stereo ins/outs, to run into two seperate amps` effect loops. Ive read on the 4cm, but what Id like to do is different I believe. Basically, m13`s input 1 to efx send of amp 1, input 2 two efx send amp2, m13 output to amp 1 return, m13 output to amp 2 return. Splitting the guitars signal via aby box into the front of both amps. I guess you`d call this the 6cm. That way I use the both amps natural gain, but the m13s modulation effects would be ran into the effects loops of both amps in stereo. Is this possible? Thank you for any help or suggestions.

RE: running into two amps` effects loops with m13
by Line6Don on 2011-06-10 11:48:52

Hey robertray,

Those connections should work just fine for you. Keep in mind that true stereo effects are going to be reproduced using amp 1 for left and amp 2 for right. So pay attention to how you position the amps to achieve the correct stereo image. Sounds like a great idea to me.

Re: RE: running into two amps` effects loops with m13
by nik81 on 2011-06-11 04:34:42

Hi, i have a little different situation.

I would like to use M13 with two amps, Crate V18 for clean and Rocktron Piranha for distortion and switch it with AB selector. So is it possible to basically use m13 in half? Let's say trichorus and delay on clean and some EQ and some reverb on distortion. Crate v18 doesn't have an effects loop but Piranha preamp has it, is that a problem?

Thanks for answers

Re: running into two amps` effects loops with m13
by robertray on 2011-06-11 05:14:39

Thanks line6don...

by haasamps on 2011-06-11 07:48:25

Greg, does the attached picture taken from the M13 Users Manual capture what you want?  You would need to replace that spiit in the cable from the guitar with an A/B/Y box

m13_2amps.gif

by nik81 on 2011-06-11 08:03:15

Yeah, that's what i need, hmm i see i didn't read the manual's as good, as i thought i did

Thank you for almost instant reply!

Cheers!

by haasamps on 2011-06-11 08:33:27

Happy to help. 

I've been experimenting with a similar setup, but using an Ernie Ball volume pedal to split the signal.  The "Tuner Out" to one amp, which is always on, and then the main output of the volume pedal going to the second amp so the volume pedal can be used to blend the two amps.  I'll probably end up putting some sort of kill switch on the first amp so it doesn't have to be always on.

by nik81 on 2011-06-12 08:44:09

Yeah that should be great blending two amps together with volume pedal and a simple A/B selector for killswitch...I will try this And already tried 2 amps, but i have noticed that the M13 sounded really better when i was in effects loop in Piranha, but i think i must play with the parameters of M13 as it is great all in one effect...

Cheers

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.