These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Can't connect to the internet through the monkey, and i can't register my product so i can't use it
by abayona32 on 2011-06-08 22:08:37

Hi, i've been trying to do everything recommended, turned off my pop up blockers, uninstalled my anti virus, and i still can't get it to connect. What can i do? This is ridiculous, i can't even use my pod ux2. Any help please? Thanks!

RE: Can't connect to the internet through the monkey, and i can't register my product so i can't use it
by Line6david on 2011-06-09 16:55:27

Hi,

Is monkey throwing a specific error message?

The issue could be related to a router. Try connecting the computer directly to your DSL or cable modem.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: Can't connect to the internet through the monkey, and i can't register my product so i can't use it
by abayona32 on 2011-06-10 18:03:38

Hi David,

The message i get is this:

Login failed.

Make sure you are connected to the internet.

Reason: (Code 800038C6) Unknown server error ocurred.

If you have popup blockers, anti-spyware or anti-virus programs running, try temporarily disabling them.

So that's it, i tried connecting it directly with a cable but i still get the same message. Also did what the message tells me, and it still doesn't work.

RE: Can't connect to the internet through the monkey, and i can't register my product so i can't use it
by Line6Don on 2011-06-15 10:22:49

Hey abayona32,

After reviewing your account information, I can see that you have been able to successfully register your UX2 to your account.

If you have made sure to bypass the wireless connection, you have disabled pop up blockers/anti-virus software, and still are not able to connect.

There could be some sort of download accelerator/limiter set in place by your Internet Service Provider. Please contact them to ensure that your internet connection is not effected.

In addition, you can try to connect your UX2 to a different computer using a different internet connection to perform any necessary updates to your UX2.

Re: Can't connect to the internet through the monkey, and i can't register my product so i can't use it
by alexdevry on 2011-06-17 14:33:09

Hello Line 6,

I have the same problem here ! No antivirus, no popup blocker, firewall opened, direct connection to the internet through DSL and still no possibility to connect my Toneport UX2 to apply the updates !

I have a new PC and I installed Line 6 Monkey using the CDs delivered by Line 6 (currently Line 6 Monkey is version 1.10)

Please help !

Alexandre

Re: Can't connect to the internet through the monkey, and i can't register my product so i can't use it
by alexdevry on 2011-06-17 16:09:53

Ok have downloaded Line 6 Monkey 1.4 from the website and installed.

Now everything updates like a charm

Maybe you could try to install software from the website rather than using Line 6 Monkey, or try to make sure you have a recent version of Line 6 Monkey ?

Alexandre :8

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.