These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Unable to Authorize Computer - iMAC OSx 10.6.7 (Podfarm2 v 2.5)
by teeforall on 2011-06-10 03:46:55

Hi,

I have a UX2 and a KB37 and PODFarm2 (with Collectors Classics, FX Junkie and MetalShop) which I have used with a PC running Ableton Live for over a year now.

The UX 2 is used for my speaker outputs and guitar inputs while the KB37 as a midi input device

Recently I replaced my PC with an iMAC. I downloaded and installed PODFarm2.5,

- connected all my devices,

- got the devices and computer authorized on line6 license manager v1.0

However each time I launch PodFarm2 standalone or within Ableton, the same error message appears

"UX2 Not Authorized for this computer"

Pod Farm 2 has found a valid license for your UX2 but you need to run the Line6 License Manager to allow your PodFarm2 to run on this computer with your UX2 (No additional purchase is necessary(

I tried to relaunch the License manager and this time it indicates my Computer is no longer authorized (but devices were fine)

I repeated the process to authorize the computer and it appears to indicate that the authorization is successful

However when I try to launch Pod Farm 2 the same error appears.

I kept trying to authorize my computer to no avail

Now the Line6 "Device" page indicates that I have maxed out my lifetime devices and refused to authorize my computer (even though I tried to delete it)

Can I seek someone's kind help or advise in resolving this issue please?

Thank you!

Adrian Tee

RE: Unable to Authorize Computer - iMAC OSx 10.6.7 (Podfarm2 v 2.5)
by Line6Don on 2011-06-14 11:57:07

Hey teeforall,

I have created a support ticket for you regarding this situation. A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link if a Line 6 support representative determines that a ticket is necessary to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support.

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

RE: Unable to Authorize Computer - iMAC OSx 10.6.7 (Podfarm2 v 2.5)
by complex69 on 2011-06-15 02:24:24

I have the exact same problem as teeforall. I have been using my UX2 on windows for years, i too have recently purchased an iMac. Can you please help me?

Re: Unable to Authorize Computer - iMAC OSx 10.6.7 (Podfarm2 v 2.5)
by MA2210 on 2011-06-15 02:48:55

I also have the exact same problem with my POD Studio GX. I switched from Windows to Mac and couldnt activate. In Details: Each time i activated my macbook a green "Yes" in the license manager appeared, but after each relogin it disappeared and showed a red "NO". I tryed several time while i wasn't aware of the limitations. My account's authorized device list shows 9 times the same computer - this must be a mistake. I deauthorized them all, hoping i could reauthorize - nada. I already sent complains but no answer until now and i still can't use my GX with cubase, it simply became useless. I was using POD Farm 1 because i never get POD Farm 2  running.

MA2210

by primitive05 on 2011-07-14 13:44:04

I just got the GX and I am also having this exact same issue in osx on a macbook pro.  I see multiple times of people getting support tickets for this issue.  Has there been any resolution?  I just got my interface yesterday and I'd hate to have to take it back to the store already.

Thanks,

JD

by alvinau1982 on 2011-07-14 14:42:56

I faced the same problem with my Guitarport and mac mini.

"Guitarport Not Authorized for this computer"

Pod  Farm 2 has found a valid license for your guitarport but you need to run the  Line6 License Manager to allow your PodFarm2 to run on this computer  with your guitarport (No additional purchase is necessary.

But it is useless no matter how many times you authorized & deauthorize your computer as well as the guitarport itself.

I tried to uninstall all the old version of PF1, PF2, Gearbox, line6 monkey and licence manager by following http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2304But I still keep receiving the same error message after I install and run the PF2.5.

Besides, I would like to ask how does line6 define the number of lifetime device?  When I authorize and deauthorize the same computer (with its unique serial number) under the my Line6 account inside the line6 website, my mac-mini will be deemed as two lifetime devices, or more if I repeat the authorize/deauthorize action.  With serial number, line6 should be able to identify if the computer is the same machine and should NOT deemed as two different device and count the lifetime twice.

BR, Alvin

by leenuss on 2011-07-23 10:07:07

I have the exact problem. POD Farm 1 + POD machines in Propellerhead were the reason I got the POD Studio UX1 (also bought several model packs).

I recently installed Propellerhead Record + Pod Farm 1 + UX1 on a new iMac.

Record and POD Farm no longer recognizes my UX1 and additional models.

Line6 License Manager says my computer is authorized.

Line6 License Manager says my UX1 is authorized.

Still not working.

I bought POD Farm 2.

Line6 License Manager added the license to my UX1.

Still not working.

"POD Farm 2 has found a valid license on your UX1, but you need to run the Line 6 License Manager to allow POD Farm 2 to be run on this computer with your UX1 (no additional purchase is necessary)."

Where? How?

I'm furious.

Also, the iMac was deauthorized and reauthorized but it didn't do anything but registering the same computer as 2 different devices! Another lifetime device gone for no reason!

I feel cheated. I am very disappointed. My trust in Line6 has been seriously damaged.

Money down the drain.

by panbobek on 2011-07-24 14:36:43

Guys,

anything? SAME here. I see it's not a single issue, looks like more people have the same problem.

Is there ANY WORKING solution for that? Reinstallation does not help.

by bcroft8 on 2011-07-24 16:19:24

Man, I bought my UX2 a month ago and this STILL hasn't been fixed... Line 6, I also keep getting the

"UX2 Not Authorized for this computer: Pod Farm 2 has found a valid license for your UX2 but you need to run the Line6 License Manager to allow your PodFarm2 to run on this computer with your UX2 (No additional purchase is necessary)" message.

I followed the instructions on the other threads (completely uninstalled with terminal functions, downloaded latest license manager, PodFarm 2.51, and latest drivers off of the website) and still got the same message upon opening PodFarm again.

Nothing has worked. I have a 2010 15in MacBook Pro with 10.6.8.  Do I need to create my own thread regarding this for you guys to open me a support ticket? 

by panbobek on 2011-07-25 08:54:47

This is ridiculous.

I'm fighting with that software over 10 hours. I've removed it completely (including terminal stuff) many times. I've installed different versions of POD Farm (2.01, 2.50, 2.51), from internet, from CD whatever.

It is still NOT working.

I have removed and registered devices in my profile. Already I have:

You currently are using 5 out of 10 lifetime devices

But I have only two (GX and my mac).

It's clearly a software problem. LINE6 - please fix it or provide a solution for that.

I am speachless.

by complex69 on 2011-07-26 00:09:35

All my problems were fixed with pod farm 2.51. It authorizes without any problems. Before 2.51 was released I had to use pod farm 1, that was the only thing that worked for me.

by panbobek on 2011-07-26 01:42:27

But are you able to use all simulations from POD Farm 2? Or you have just "demo" version with it?    

by leenuss on 2011-07-26 06:04:30

I just bought POD Farm 2 three days ago! That is, I'M ALREADY using 2.51.

It's not the POD Farm. It's the Line 6 License Manager.

I had no problem using POD Farm 1+additional model packs at my OLDER computer which was authorized the old way (Monkey).

by complex69 on 2011-07-26 06:25:41

Ye I know it's license manager. POD Farm 2.51 came with an updated license manager and that worked for me. strange people are still having issues... Did you see that link Line6Don posted? I followed the instructions in that link before I installed 2.51.

by panbobek on 2011-07-26 07:00:25

If you're talking about instructions to copletely remove Line6 software - yes I did it many times. Still nothing is working.

Plus - lifetime devices are not releasing after I removed my computer. So finally my workstation is listed there several times

by teeforall on 2011-07-26 07:07:11

Hi everyone,

the folks at Line6 should be in touch with you to create a trouble ticket but it did take me a few weeks before I managed to solve my problem.

Here's what I've learnt from my experience

1. Uninstall everything following the instructions on this link

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2304

style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px;">(note that there is a difference between folders such as

Library/Audio/Plug-ins and

User/Library/Audio/Plug-ins

I made a mistake here thinking they were the same thing)

2. Install PODFarm 2.02 (NOT 2.51)

3. Get that working then install PODFarm 2.51

This sharing is only based on what works for me so my apologies if it doesn't work for you. Hopefully the L6 tech folks might be able to help you.

Tee

by leenuss on 2011-07-26 07:24:10

http://line6.com/support/message/298975

Anotherthread discussing the same problem, and the Line 6 answer provided does not help at all either.

I tweeted Line 6 about this thread too but they seem to ignore me. This feels like a fraud because I payed for an expensive plugin but got nothing in return.

by leenuss on 2011-07-26 10:22:42

Yay, SOLVED!

Deinstalling, installing POD Farm 2.02 and then upgrading worked.

I didn't have to deauthorize or reauthorize anything.

Now I'm just bitter that my computer was recognized as two different machines when I deauthorized and reauthorized earlier. Hey Line 6, I want that lifetime device back!

by panbobek on 2011-07-26 14:04:57

All of this "magic" doesn't work for me

I got stuck at POD Farm 1.12. Any other upgrades are not working - reason -> my computer is not authorized. I've tried to authorize it over and over again. License Manager seems to be the problem source.

And yes, I'd like to have my lifetime device back as well. So far I have 8 of 10 used, because my mac is listed there 7 times and I cannot delete it :|

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.