These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

FBV MkII and GarageBand
by Gryt on 2011-06-14 17:18:35

Hi, so I updated my MkII express and all that and I had the bright idea to test it out in GarageBand. The volume Pedal does what it should, and I used the Line6 FBV Control settings to make the Wah pedal control the Pan as currently I can't figure out how to make it control the wah.  Is there any way to make the A, B, C, and D footswitches control anything useful such as foot pedals built in to GarageBand, or a way to make the Wah pedal control wah? I did a bit of google searching but couldn't find anything about CC id's for GarageBand so I didn't know if there was a different way to make the FBV MkII buttons correspond to the built in pedals of GarageBand

RE: FBV MkII and GarageBand
by Line6Don on 2011-06-16 10:47:55

Hey Gryt,

Unfortunately we do not have access to garageband, so I am unable to test how to configure the FBV Express MKII in this setup. You might be able to follow the instructions for setting up midi control of pod farm within logic and apply that to garageband, because they are very similar:

http://l6c.scdn.line6.net/data/l/0a060b4d107324bb4d4ed34d94/application/pdf/POD%20Farm%202%20Recording%20Setup%20Guide%20%20(Rev%20A)%20-%20English.pdf

For further assistance with garageband, please contact apple and inquire about how to setup external midi control surfaces.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.