These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Floorboard / FB4 / FBV4

FB4 Channel LEDs (on all the time)
by johnvanbeek on 2011-06-18 12:14:36

Here's an odd one :

I ran across an FB4 at a pawn shop, which I picked up as it is compatible with the POD 2.0 I have. (The one that just says "pedal" by the appropriate jack.)

Anyhow, I plugged it in, and it seems to function as intended: switches through patches A,B,C, and D of whichever bank the POD is set to, and the tap tempo works if I have a tempo based effect running. (the 'hold for manual mode' seems to make it so the footswitch does absolutely nothing, and I had to unplug it and plug it back in to resume use; but maybe that's what manual means) The only thing that concerns me, is that the channel LEDs are all lit all the time. I've tried a couple different CAT5 cables, and there was no change. After examining the circuit board, it does seem that the switches are on a seperate circuit from anything else in the pedal, but since I don't know how it all ties together back at the POD, I'm not sure which end the problem might be on.

switch circuit.jpg

The IC chips "U1" and "U2" look like they're only about 60 cents each from digikey, so I could replace those if the issue lies there... I just don't want to if they're ok.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

U1 : SN74HC595N                       U2 : SN74HC14N

Any suggestions?

FB4 2.jpg

Thanks!

Re: FB4 Channel LEDs (on all the time)
by johnvanbeek on 2011-06-18 12:18:21

One more wiring diagram. I'm not sure which jack pins everything connects to, as the jack obscures most of the connections.

FB4 wiring.jpg

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.