These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

UX2 not authorized for this computer
by alexgalexy on 2011-06-19 08:43:21

everytime i go on pod farm i get a message saying that it has detected it but is not authorised. i went on the monkey and then on add ons. i authorized my ux2 and computer but it still gives me the same message. What's the problem with it? and how do i fix it?

RE: UX2 not authorized for this computer
by Line6Tony on 2011-06-20 11:11:08

Hi. Please unplug and replug the UX2 and run License Manager. It may prompt you to activate the POD Farm license embedded in the UX2. Let us know the results.

Re: RE: UX2 not authorized for this computer
by djrugged on 2011-06-20 12:12:12

i'm getting the same problem! i'm so glad i'm not the only one, now i don't feel like a imbecil.

http://line6.com/community/thread/66334?tstart=0

by djrugged on 2011-06-20 12:15:18

Screen shot 2011-06-20 at 20.14.35.pngScreen shot 2011-06-20 at 20.13.51.png

Re: UX2 not authorized for this computer
by duyhienlt on 2011-06-20 12:20:43

I have the same problem on Mac. Everytime I restart License Manager, it produces a new serrial number for my Mac. What's the problem ????

by Kelvis360 on 2011-06-20 12:24:40

Nah, you're definitely not alone mate.   I'm sitting at 8 out of 10 lifetime devices used in various attempts to get PF2 to work...6 of them are for the same laptop!

by Line6Tony on 2011-06-21 09:38:15

This Mac authorization issue will be fixed with the next License Manager release, which we believe is coming within the next couple of weeks.

by djrugged on 2011-06-21 14:30:41

Hi Tony

Thank for your reply. Can you please suggest on behalf of your company what it is that you think we should do in the meantime with regards to the equipment that we purchased indirectly from yourselves that has now been rendered useless for the next fortnight - will there be any good will gestures presented on your behalf? I mean imagine your internet services goes down for two weeks and then at the end of the month they send you a full priced bill without the consideration of compensation, it would be an outrage right? I hope you wouldn’t think that just because we paid for the product in one lump sum we are somehow void indemnity and that our inconvenience can go unnoticed .I would also like to know if the problem concerning 'Lifetime Devices' will be addressed as I have used them all up in my attempts to reconcile this default?

by alexgalexy on 2011-06-23 23:26:15

tony, i tried doing that but i still get the same problem. the ux2 works at other computers but not on mine. also after what i did that u told me, i unplugged the ux2, i got a blue screen and then my computer restarted

by Kneehow on 2011-06-24 14:40:19

We released a new version of POD Farm (2.51) and License Manager (1.01) late in the afternoon yesterday.

Can you try to update to the new software and let us know how the newest builds behave on your system?

by alexgalexy on 2011-06-25 01:28:28

perry, thanks i updated pod farm 2 to version 2.51; everything works but it says its in trial mode, that no pod farm 2 license was found. what do i do to fix it?

by djrugged on 2011-06-25 06:29:25

Hi Perry

Thank you for your attempts. I have progress but ultimately its not working. You seemed to have solved the issue regarding license manager generating a new serial number whenever license manager is reloaded and it now consistently recognises my mac book i7. However despite this Pod Farm still generates the same message:  'Pod Farm 2 has found a valid license but you need to run Line 6 License Manager to allow Pod Farm 2 to run on this computer....'?

by duyhienlt on 2011-06-25 18:33:57

Exactly What I am encountering.

My Macbook (Core i5, OSX 10.6.8) has been authorized by Licence Manager but Pod Farm 2 seems not to regconize or approve that fact.

by djrugged on 2011-06-26 05:27:32

Mate, you're encountering a massive pain in the ass!

by bcroft8 on 2011-07-03 11:22:33

I just bought my UX2 a few days ago and I'm having the exact same problem!  "UX2 not authorized for this computer: POD Farm 2 has found a valid license on your ux2, but you need to run the Line 6 license manager to..."  And yet in the license manager, my Macbook Pro IS authorized! 

Looking forward to a speedy patch/update/solution!

by djrugged on 2011-07-04 06:40:35

It has been a week since anyone has had the courtesy to get back to reply. How professional!

by gamszarpi on 2011-07-04 07:59:04

No worries DjRigged,

Those Line6 guys are trying to figure out another bunch of stock replies at the moment

They should admit that the problem is with their new License Manager system...but they keep saying that all the costumers sholud have installed their product properly.

I`m really curious what will be the compensation for those lost days when I could not record my demo.

by Kelvis360 on 2011-07-04 09:14:51

lol...I think the compensation will be an invisible gift of some sort...Did you not receive yours yet?

by djrugged on 2011-07-05 16:13:43

I really cannot believe your indifference, it's been a week since I requested help and not one member off staff has had the courtesy to respond. I am now requesting a refund and I hope others do to, perhaps then you will realise you cannot treat your consumers with negligence - how inconceivable it is to think that a company would be so detached from the very people who support it. My experience: out off 10 = a very flattering 0. - NEVER BUYING FROM YOU AGAIN -

by bcroft8 on 2011-07-05 18:03:48

You know, I agree, but I figured that considering it was a long holiday weekend I could cut them some slack for not responding immediately.  I happen to own a Spyder II Line 6 amp that I love, so this is the first time I've had serious issues with a Line 6 product.  My UX2, however, isn't doing me anything because I have a "line/audio in" on my Macbook Pro and I got it for Pod Farm and the UX2's ease of use.  But now that I cannot fully use Pod Farm (see previous post), I am beginning to get anxious. 

Line 6, help us out. 

I just got this and really want to be able to use Pod Farm and have the licensing/authorization process to actually work!

/sigh.

by guitarboyvaughn on 2011-07-05 19:56:06

If it helps, I am having the same problem. I loaded new software tonight on my Mac Pro. License Manger says green "Yes" to authorization for both the interface and the computer so should be good to go? Not exactly.....everytime I launch either as standalone or as instance in Logic, I keep getting same screen that prompts me to re-authorise. So again I re-open License Manger and it still says I'm authorized but no luck on not seeing the same re-authorization screen everytime I launch an instance of Pod Farm. So I'm in the same boat, POD Farm 2 DOA for me.

by whannali on 2011-07-08 14:05:19

So...i have the same problem...nobody answers!!! i even sent private messages and...no answer!!! ok...wasting all day...losing months of work...what should we do about it??? tons of us = sue ....could sound like an option if we don't receive what we paid for???

by Line6Hugo on 2011-07-08 16:33:34

Alex,

Please use the Line 6 License Manager software (v. 1.01) to de-authorize your UX2, then, Authorize the UX2 once again using the License Manager program.

Please remove all other USB devices from the computer (except for a mouse and keyboard on a desktop system) while troubleshooting this problem.  Completely remove ANY USB hubs, even if not in use, and test the UX2 on all of the computer's USB ports.

If you still have problems after trying the recommendations above, please fill out the following support profile:

http://line6.com/account/supportProfile/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by rsimmonsit on 2011-07-31 16:16:40

Same problem here. Where is the answer or do I have to ship this thing back?

by Line6Don on 2011-08-02 13:49:31

On a Windows machine:

You will need to make sure to uninstall all versions of POD Farm from the computer:

-Completely uninstall both POD Farm 1 and POD Farm 2 using the Line 6 Uninstaller within:

C:\Program Files(86x)\Line6\Tools

Make sure that you have the most recent version of the Line 6 drivers and Monkey installed as well:

Windows Drivers 4.2.4.4:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=3987

Line6 Monkey 1.41:

http://line6.com/getrelease?rid=4114

Theupdate to Line 6 Monkey will include an update to the License Manager as well. Download and install POD Farm 2.51 from the link below:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4147

Installit but do not launch it yet.

Can you please then try using the updated License Manager software to de-authorize and re-authorize your computer as well as all of your Line 6 devices. Make sure to remove the information when prompted to, and then install again when prompted to, this will ensure that you reinstall all of your available Line 6 assets from your account into your device.

For Mac:

Please use the instructions at the page below to completely remove all instances of POD Farm and Line 6 Software from your computer:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2304

Make sure that you have the most recent version of the Line 6 drivers and Monkey installed as well:

MAC Drivers : 7.0.9

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4170

Line6 Monkey 1.41:

http://line6.com/getrelease?rid=4115

The update to Line 6 Monkey will include an update to the License Manager as well.

Download and install POD Farm 2.51 into the default file location from the link below:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4149

Install it but do not launch it yet.

Can you please then try using the updated License Manager software to de-authorize and re-authorize your computer as well as all of your Line 6 devices. Make sure to remove the information when prompted to, and then install again when prompted to, this will ensure that you reinstall all of your available Line 6 assets from your account into your device.

If you still are having a problem with license manager this could be related to an Admin Problem in OSX.

Try this:

Go to Macintosh HD>Computer Name>Library>Application Support>Line 6

Is the folder empty?

If so, Control or Right Click inside the folder and select Get Info

In the Dialogue Box select Sharing and Permissions and Make Sure the folder is set to Read and Write NOT Read Only.

Now Create a Folder Called Guitarport inside the Line6 Folder.

Run License Manager and Unauthorize/Reauthorize your computer and Line 6 Device.

This should fix the issue.

by azanilaiho on 2012-09-14 02:14:58

Dear Line6,

i'm having the not authorized issue for my UX2... while i'm trying to re-authorizing the error cade (80000002) prompted... previously i'm having no issue for my UX2 (since August 2011)... just recently update the Driver, and now i'm facing this issue.

by azanilaiho on 2012-09-14 02:49:23

it's fine now... i'm just plug the UX2 to other USB port...and re do the de-authorized and re-authorized

by azanilaiho on 2012-09-14 20:01:52

shit...the issue happening again...what the hell happened with this UX2?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.