These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Pod X3 to Gearbox problems
by greatadrianing on 2011-06-24 18:59:02

This has been driving me crazy. Every time I try to edit my pod x3 tones in Gearbox it says This tone requires you to update your Pod X3 to 2.0 or higher.... How the hell do I do this!?!? The monkey says i'm all updated on everything and I just activated the e-licenser too and everything's good to go on that too... Guhhhh.. Help me.

RE: Pod X3 to Gearbox problems
by Line6Don on 2011-06-29 08:26:32

Hey greatadrianing,

Please try removing any additional unnecessary USB and firmware devices from your computer when troubleshooting this issue. Make sure to connect it directly to a USB port and not a USB hub, extension, or keyboard of any kind, preferably connect it to a USB port on the rear of computer. Try using additional USB cables and every USB port available.

We have recently released updates to the following applications:

Line 6 Monkey - 1.41

Line 6 License Manager - 1.01

Mac OSX Drivers - 5.9.3

Please update Line 6 Monkey, which will include the update to License Manager. Then use Monkey to download and install the new driver update. Make sure to download and apply and updates to your operating system as well. Then use the newly updated License Manager software to de-authorize and re-authorize all of your computers and devices.

Re: RE: Pod X3 to Gearbox problems
by greatadrianing on 2011-06-30 23:29:24

i just checked monkey and everything is up to date. i'll try what you told me tomorrow though. see if it helps.

And i'm on a macbook pro so i'm going direct into laptop by the side usb.

Here's a screenshot of the problem I keep getting if that helps at all. I also just reflashed the firmware and it didn't do anything either.

RE: Pod X3 to Gearbox problems
by Line6Don on 2011-07-01 08:43:31

Hey greatadrianing,

Please try to reinstall the latest flash memory on the POD X3 live using Line 6 Monkey. Before launching monkey, boot up the POD X3 in safe mode by pressing and holding the down navigation key while powering on the unit, the display will read "update flash". Then launch Line 6 Monkey, select the flash memory, and reinstall latest option.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.