These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

PodX3 bean stops working (seems like a USB dropout)
by chiec on 2011-06-27 11:36:24

I use the PodX3 as a soundcard, and sometimes it stops working and he decide he won't untill I restart it. I can't record anyting because it only last like 2 minuts working, is very frustrating.

I use Windows7 and the last PodX3 driver. Help please.

Re: PodX3 bean stops working (seems like a USB dropout)
by chiec on 2011-06-28 08:37:18

Please, i need help, i cant do anything with the pod, and i cant believe line6 cant run the podx3 in w7 without problems...

RE: PodX3 bean stops working (seems like a USB dropout)
by Line6david on 2011-06-28 12:03:25

Hi,

This issue could be related to a number of things. First check your connections.

Have you tried connecting to different USB Ports?

Are you using a USB hub?

Then try the optimizations in our USB Troubleshooting Guide:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4282

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: PodX3 bean stops working (seems like a USB dropout)
by chiec on 2011-06-30 06:49:55

No, i'm not using a hub and the same happens in every port of my computer. I did all in the guide, but it continues happening, less often, like 10 minuts, something I can deal with, but still happens.

If a change Reaper to another DAW will improve anything? Thanks.

BTW, is it possible to mute the guitar out to only hear the playback from the daw or not?

RE: PodX3 bean stops working (seems like a USB dropout)
by Line6david on 2011-06-30 16:35:58

Hi,

Reaper should function correctly. A lot of our users use Reaper without issue.

Have you installed the latest drivers for the interface?

http://line6.com/software/

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by chiec on 2011-06-30 18:14:47

Yes, the lastest driver and the lastest pod flash.

-All useless windows services stopped.

-Wifi desactivated.

-Windows graphics to the minimun.

-Windows update desactivated.

-Antivirus stopped.(Avast).

-All usb has DMA activated.

-More preference to services instead of programs.

-Only reaper running.

-LatencyMon says that all runs perfect.

-The other program (I don't remember it's name) says that all runs fine the most of time, but from time to time, it detect a high latency, and I don't know why.

BTW is more usually it stops during playback instead of recording.

Thanks

by fHumble_fHingaz on 2011-06-30 23:15:18

I am having this exact same problem.  I have been using my Pod X3 for some years now to record my basses & guitars direct into Sonar 8.5PE using Windows XP home on an Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.66GHZ with 3.24GHz of RAM... It has run completely trouble-free, up until a few weeks ago.  Now, when I try to record using the Pod, it runs for about 2 minutes, then playback from my DAW stops.  The files keep playing, but no sound is reproduced. Sonar does not register a "dropout".  My CPU usage is minimal.  If I only shut down Sonar (& the Pod) & open it again, Sonar doesn't "see" the inputs from the Pod.  I have to restart my computer before I can get the Pod to start acting as the audio interface again. I too, have experimented by swapping USB cables & ports.  I am not running it on a USB hub.  I have updated to the latest drivers, but nothing has changed.  Sonar runs problem-free with my other interface (M-Audio ProjectMix IO) After such a long time of problem free recording, this is extremely frustrating...Please help.

by chiec on 2011-09-12 07:42:07

I have installed a new partition with a fresh windows7. I made all the optimizationn stuff and it still happens. What should I do now? Windows Vista or xp works better?

by chiec on 2011-09-13 18:36:35

Ey, I paid a lot of money for the pod, I think I deserve a response in less than a day...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.