These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Why does restarting my computer cause my Line 6 UX2 Drivers to revert from 4.2.4.4 to the prior version?
by kkailath on 2011-06-28 21:56:38

Every time I restart my computer my Line 6 UX2 Drivers revert from 4.2.4.4 to the prior version, 4.1.something. If I plug my UX2 into the USB port when the drivers are out of date, it causes my computer to have a blue screen of death citing "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area." I'm getting tired of having to reinstall the drivers every single time I want to use my UX2 and I only got the device a week ago. If you have any suggestions as to how to fix this issue I would love to hear them. Thank you.

RE: Why does restarting my computer cause my Line 6 UX2 Drivers to revert from 4.2.4.4 to the prior version?
by Line6Don on 2011-06-30 09:59:09

Hey kkailath,

I would recommend performing any available windows updates, update all of your hardware components on the computer as well, for example video cards, sound cards, motherboards. I would also recommend to de-fragmenting your hard drive as well.

Please try using the Line 6 Uninstaller located at:

C:\Program Files\Line6\Tools

Launch Line 6 Uninstaller and uninstall all of the of your current Line 6 components.

Download the most recent version of the Drivers and Line 6 Monkey from our software page:

http://line6.com/software/

Install the drivers, and after it completes successfully, launch Line 6 Monkey to verify it installed correctly as well as download and update any other necessary components.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.