These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD500 Edit Software Recommendations
by arnoldprasad on 2011-06-28 22:46:12

Honestly, the software needs some new features and capabilities.  Some simple features like cut and pasting of tones in and across set list would make life so much easier (I know you can drag and drop across set lists from the set-list menu).  There should be a forum set up on Line 6's website for recommendations.  Here are a few:

- cut and paste functionality

- undo function

- right click sub-menu for renaming effects, exporting, etc.

- an auto leveling feature that will auto level all output signal of all tones - this would save a tonne of time calibrating output signal to mixer

Please add your requests to this list.  Maybe someone from support is scanning this thread and can let us know if any changes to the HD Edit program will be out soon with some upgraded features.

Many thanks.

Re: HD500 Edit Software Recommendations
by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-06-28 23:38:22

Hi

Good suggestions

There's a couple of things you should know about how the support forum works and how product feedback works.

1. Customer Support have a system that only flags threads marked as a question for their attention.  This thread isn't marked as a question so you are unlikely to get a response from Customer Support as they almost certainly won't see it unless they are casually browsing the forums - and I don't think they have time to do that usually as they are pretty busy all the time
  2. Customer Support are here primarily for front line support issues - i.e. resolving customer problems and are not your best choice for getting your feedback to the product development teams quickly - comments like yours may or may not filter back to the product developers by mentioning them here, but your most direct method of getting your comments seen by those that can maybe do something with them is to use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page and follow the Product Feedback links

I think your ideas are good ones and will shared by others too.  You can use this forum to share your ideas with other ordinary forum members, and by doing so if they too think these ideas are good, they can also forward Product Feedback which will be seen directly by those who are in the product development teams.

Regards

Nick

Re: HD500 Edit Software Recommendations
by arnoldprasad on 2011-06-29 09:17:40

Thanks for the feedback.  I was trying to find the appropriate place for product recommendations but could not find anything specific to product recommendations.  I'll use the contact us.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.