These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Blue Screen after Driver Install
by nathanzoconnell on 2011-06-29 14:18:48

So I am trying to install a driver for the UX2 interface onto my Windows 7 64 bit system. This Windows system is running via Parallels on my Macbook Pro, 4gb ram, i5 processor, OS X. The UX2 is connected via USB, no hub, and I have tried every version of the driver from the older one claiming to "fix blue screen crashes" to the newest one for Pod Farm 2.5. Whenever I manually install the driver, as soon as I plug it in during the installation process, blue screen, system dump...which is actually kind of fun to watch from the warm comfort and safety of the outside Mac world, but it still sucks. Whenever I try installing Monkey and updating the driver that way, my computer acts like it didn't even install. I can plug my UX2 in without it crashing, but Windows doesn't even recognize it/try to auto install the driver. Anyone have any suggestions?

RE: Blue Screen after Driver Install
by Line6david on 2011-06-30 14:30:37

Hi,

BSODs can be related to a number of things. Try updating your video card drivers and make sure you unplug any web cams, digital cameras or other audio gear.

You can use this link to determine why the system is crashing:

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: Blue Screen after Driver Install
by Line6Hugo on 2011-07-08 10:53:05

I must add here that we do not support the usage of our gear/software on Windows OS running on a Mac computer in any manner.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.