These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Model Packs Disappeared after installing License Manager
by pwec on 2011-07-03 13:13:50

Hi,

I had some model packs purchased for my Toneport UX2 (Metal Shop, Collector Classics, FX Junkie and Power Pack) however since I installed Line6 License Manager they disappeared.

When I open License Manager I cannot see them anywhere in Add-Ons, although they were visible in Line6 Monkey (as shown on the below screenshot)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/430510/line6.jpg

Now when I launch POD Farm and select preset that contains any of the amps or effects available in these model packs, I get the error: "This model is not authorized for use with connected device"

Or maybe they are no longer compatible with POD Farm (sorry, I'm not really up to date with recent Line6 upgrades)?

Thanks

Re: Model Packs Disappeared after installing License Manager
by Kelvis360 on 2011-07-03 14:31:42

Hey there,

Is that an old version of Monkey you're using?...The latest is 1.41, it also has the latest Licence Manager software.   Might have to update those first.

by gamszarpi on 2011-07-03 23:24:59

Hi Pwec,

I've got the same problem!

Don't worry about there are couple of hundreds people out there who are facing the same problem.

By the way...I tried everything...uninstall then re-install, latest driver...blablabla...didn't work=> same crap.

I must say something is wrong with this new License Manager software....Line6 just messed up the Adds-On licensing.

I really hope that Line6 guys will not start to tell the same old story: "please unistall, re-install, check your USB port..."

Just be patient! We can't do anything else

by pwec on 2011-07-03 23:48:49

@Kelvis360 - yes, I installed the latest Line6 Monkey and Line6 License Manager, de-authorized and re-authorized the device and it hasn't worked.

@gamszarpi - thanks. I think it would be good to have any response from Line6 support (or any information in FAQ) if it's a general issue with License Manager.

by Kelvis360 on 2011-07-04 05:39:05

Hey Pwec,

No worries mate - just you better clarify that you've already done that, otherwise that'll be the suggestion from L6 support.  Then you'll wait another day for the next suggestion, etc.

Most likely still won't work until the next (hopefully working) versions of the software are released...SOON PLEASE, L6.

by pwec on 2011-07-07 06:34:05

Dear Line6 Support,

It still hasn't been resolved so can you let me know how to raise a support ticket to get this sorted out?

(I just received an email saying that you assume it was answered - no, it was not). Thanks

RE: Model Packs Disappeared after installing License Manager
by Line6Don on 2011-07-07 09:02:45

Hey pwec,

I have created a support ticket for you regarding this situation. A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link if a Line 6 support representative determines that a ticket is necessary to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support.

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.