These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

How do I erase factory presets( HD500)?
by lowyaw on 2011-07-05 00:59:35

Is there a way to erase them all at once? Or one by one?

Re: How do I erase factory presets( HD500)?
by tommasi on 2011-07-05 01:05:26

Not as far as I know. Using EDIT it'll be easy to replace them with a blank patch, though.

by lowyaw on 2011-07-05 01:23:08

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

<a target=new href=http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/26918/fffuu.gif"class="jive-image" src="http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/26918/fffuu.gif"/>

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-07-05 04:30:12

I'm now (offically) scared - eek! 

Another way would be to take a backup of a virgin user Set List before it's populated and to then simply drop that set list into each of the four factory set list spots in the HD500.  However, unless you have a specific need to be completely tidy about the factory presets, just treat them as already deleted and overwrite them with your own presets as you feel the need to.

Nick

by lowyaw on 2011-07-05 04:38:49

oh thank you

i'll try the set list trick, may that will help

the other "workaround" is okay too, but i guess it bothers me that addition to loads of my own tones that I used once or twice to record something, i have a load of "other" tones, that I don't use, too LOL how do you call it -  pet peeve? LOL

by Mr_Arkadin on 2011-07-05 05:32:53

So you complaint is there are too many patches available? How peculiar.

by StudioTM on 2011-07-05 12:57:28

I have made up a bundle that will do the erase job.

Br

Thor

by lowyaw on 2011-07-06 00:08:06

Mr_Arkadin wrote:

So you complaint is there are too many patches available? How peculiar.

yes, kind Sir

too many patches that I never use is like carrying along a full set of wrenches and drill bits when you work at McDonalds

by lowyaw on 2011-07-06 00:08:33

thank you!

will it erase all setlists, or just the factory bank?

by StudioTM on 2011-07-06 05:13:45

All paches including factory presets will be erased with that bundle.

To erase spesefic setlist, use attached empty setlist file

Br

Thor

by lowyaw on 2011-07-07 07:18:33

Gracias

by jmcbade on 2011-11-02 19:38:10

Thank you for doing this.

There really ought to be a way in the editor to rename a setlist from there.

I tried to create a blank one and then load it to wipe a setlist.  It seems my old set list names returned, but empty.

Maybe I did something wrong?

Thanks,

-John

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-11-03 00:19:54

jmcbade wrote:

Thank you for doing this.

There really ought to be a way in the editor to rename a setlist from there.

I tried to create a blank one and then load it to wipe a setlist.  It seems my old set list names returned, but empty.

Maybe I did something wrong?

Thanks,

-John

Set list names and a few other things like expression pedal calibration can survive a full flash memory update.  This is because they are part of the HD500's Global Parameter settings which are sort of semi permanent and which can be reset separately from anything flash memory related.  To reset the HD500's Global Parameters simply hold down the left button on the 4 way Nav Pad when you apply power to the unit.  This will mean that you will have to re-calibrate your expression pedal.  Also, resetting the Global Parameters does not erase your presets.

Nick

by silverhead on 2011-11-03 08:31:26

lowyaw wrote:

too many patches that I never use is like carrying along a full set of wrenches and drill bits when you work at McDonalds

even after 'erasing' the factory presets, you will still have just as many patches that you don't use. That number will still be the total number of patches minus those that you use. The only difference is that the 'unused' ones will all be identical and will all have the same name.You are still carrying around the same toolbox; it still weighs the same, and it has just as many tools in it - they just all happen to be the same tool.

I really don't see the point.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.