These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Pod X3 Live won't boot and makes horrible noise.
by IbanezSR500PB on 2011-07-05 15:30:02

Hey guys,

I'm probably going to get the "send your pod to a line 6 dealer to get it serviced" reply, but i don't have anything to lose by asking.

So, when i go to turn my X3 Live on, the screen lights up, but it doesn't go to the line 6 logo, the screen stays orange and it makes a horrible, constant "bwaaaap" noise through my amp (best way to describe it). This happens even after the Pod is turned on and working, it just shuts down to the blank orange screen and makes the noise again. The Pod decides when it does this, sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. It will generally happen every third time i boot it up.

Oh, the volume pedal decides to work only when it feels like it too, not that this is a major problem, seeing as the Pod decides if it wants to boot or not.

I am interested in hearing if anyone had this problem with any of their X3 units, and possible fixes.

Re: Pod X3 Live won't boot and makes horrible noise.
by IbanezSR500PB on 2011-07-05 15:33:35

Oh, the lights underneath the gain, bass, mid, treb, pres, tone volume and master volume knobs pulse as well. they don't completely go out, but they are definitly pulsing about once a second.

by vix01 on 2011-07-05 20:22:14

Dude your problem is that the voltage regulator of your X3 is burned, I had the same prob and is a cheap repair any technician can do this, on second hand you have to change your ac adapter too cause is already screwd up in fact the ac adapter is the one that burned the unit.

by IbanezSR500PB on 2011-07-07 18:50:08

I got my multi-meter and the power pack is emiting a constant 9v AC. I do get dirty power occasionally though (when someone turns on a fluro light i can hear it crackle through my amp). I orgot to mention that the pod will boot after about 10 seconds (time amount will vary greatly) of the blank screen and sound, but after 10 minutes (this time will vary greatly as well) of playing, it will shut down then try to reboot itself, starting the whole process all over again. Sometimes it won't even turn the screen on when booting, it will stay blank, but will turn all the other nessecary lights on (they are pulsing btw) and then go to the normal screen you see when playing. Very confusing.......

RE: Pod X3 Live won't boot and makes horrible noise.
by Line6Tony on 2011-07-08 09:59:06

Sorry to see this happen with your X3L. It is going to have to go to the service depot. If you are in Australia, it's likely that you'll be dealing with MusicLink.

by vix01 on 2011-07-12 10:34:17

Yes, as I said the problem are your voltage regulators and your ac adapter that for sure, mine did the same with the multimeter  you´ll have to change them as soon as posible, I send mine to a guitar tech who did an excelent work he even construct me a new aca adapter and it works cool again, try a guitar tech of your trust.

by Vivek on 2011-07-14 10:20:06

Hello Vix01, My X3 live died with the same symptom of complete Orange screen and all lights lit.

Can you share some tips on where to measure voltages on the motherboard and their target values, to ascertain that it is a voltage regulator problem ?

Thanks !!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.